Fanart Handler Plugin v3.0.9.000 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @cul8er is the source for v3 available? It looks like the google code project page only has the source for v2 ??

and it looks like v3 was never uploaded to MPEI?

Last edited:

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

A new version of FH will come in a day or so. I have been advised by Tobias from htbackdrops to use the .org address permanently, so the new version will do just that :)

cheers
    cul8er

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Is requesting new features allowed here?
    @cul8er is it possible to split music artist name before sending data to htbackdrops?
    i.e if artist is "Above & Beoyond presents Oceanlab" -> take only the word after "presents", "pres." and search by "Oceanlab"
    if artist is "Delerium Feat. Sarah McLachlan" -> take string only before "feat" and search by "Delerium".
    What do you think?
    Or maybe just set default_operator=or in request and find better match between many results using Levenstein distance?
    Thanks.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is requesting new features allowed here?
    @cul8er is it possible to split music artist name before sending data to htbackdrops?
    i.e if artist is "Above & Beoyond presents Oceanlab" -> take only the word after "presents", "pres." and search by "Oceanlab"
    if artist is "Delerium Feat. Sarah McLachlan" -> take string only before "feat" and search by "Delerium".
    What do you think?
    Or maybe just set default_operator=or in request and find better match between many results using Levenstein distance?
    Thanks.

I think that a correct way to tag co-productions is like this (that should work fine to show Delerium FanArt anyway, but not Sarah McLachlan):

Song: Silence Feat. Sarah McLachlan (DJ Tiësto's In Search Of Sunrise remix)
    Artist: Delerium
    Album Artist (if compilation): Various Artists or if artist album: Delerium

I have a related feature request though:
    Set preferred order for matching - User can have FanArtHandler prioritize Artist before Album Artist, or use both.

Emph

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Bump on the availability of source code or is this no longer open source? And also about adding the latest version to MPEI :)

Also one small request that might make it easier to standardize things across MP. Could we use the inbuilt MP code to determine file name
    Code:
    Utils.MakeFileName("ac/dc");
    Just because I noticed a few anomalies with things like +44, AC/DC which are being handled in different ways in different places.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

New version available.

Changelog:
    * Changed url to htbackdrops due to site changes

About MPE1 and Source:
    It is still open source. The reason why I have not released the MPE1 and source is that I rewrote the plugin between 2.x and 3.x and that when user upgrade the plugin it required rescrape of all fanart. I did not want this to happen "automatically" without a user knowing this fact. This could happen if a user just pressed the "update" button i MPE1. Same for the source. Could not decide if to setup a new google code site or use the existing, then forgot about it :( Will try to make this happen in a week or so :)

cheers
    cul8er

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    @cul8er I think I may have stumbled across a bug. If you set the minimum image resolution to 1920x1080 then scrape fanart it seems the plugin still prefers to download 1280x720 files even if 1920x1080 is available (David Bowie is a good example of this). As the minimum setting is 1920x1080 the downloaded artwork correctly isn't shown. Surely it should not be downloaded in the first place if it doesn't meet the minimum setting? In the case of David Bowie 1920x1080 .jpg files are available so shouldn't the plugin have downloaded those?

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I have the problem with MP-TV Series plugin. The background/fanart is not changing when I cycle trough my series, the default Titan background is displayed. It works fine in Moving Pictures.
    Also, in Basic Extended main screen there is no change either.
    I think LiveTV as well, but perhaps it will not work there at all?

How can I set this correctly, what do I need to install and adjust?
    Thanks!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This could be a skin issue. (and I am quite sure it is because cycling backgrounds works fine in StreamedMP if you set it)

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

This could be a skin issue. (and I am quite sure it is because cycling backgrounds works fine in StreamedMP if you set it)

I have checked last night, and for Moving Pictures it works fine, there are entries about each movie I have in Moving Pictures, and it displays fanart correctly. But under Tvseries there are no entries at all. This would mean that it is a skin related problem? I will ask about this in Titan forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom