Fanart Handler Plugin v4.0.X.000 (4 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    and thumbs\music contain Fanart pictures
    There should not be a fanart, only thumbnails for actors and albums.

Your FH development is so advanced that you may really want to think of it as a complete replacement of MIH.
    Not sure still MIH loads not only pictures, and does it well.

The other issue of random fanart showing when there is no artist picture available, is still there - at least I have not been able to stop the system from showing pop artist pictures while playing classical Bach and Händel concerts.
    I am uncertain how to proceed: should I delete all the pictures and let your FH scrape everything again?
    All is not necessary. Remove from UserDef\Music directory, all files related to the actor {digits}.jpg. And restart the MP. Should help.

These files must have been generated by the FH. Indeed I installed version 110 that day, yet in theory any FH-downloaded file should have been added to the "scraper" path, right?
    Do not quite understand, but UserDef\Music FH nothing writes. But all that is there someone writes it will bring in its database and will be used for display.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On my system I have in the meantime deactivated the MIH.
    The issue with deactivating the MIH is that the Music database is then no longer populated. Note that the MIH provides core functionality to MediaPortal with respect to the music section showing artist thumb pictures and album/biography information. Therefore the average user should probably keep it activated, but untick all download options for information that ajs' FH scraping functions (and his MePo Tools if installed) are already delivering:

MIH Setup.jpg

The alternative would be to have the FH overwrite the MIH information in its original path. I can understand though why ajs does not want to mess with these elements.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    but what there is in the user directory is also displayed then when there is no right pictures.
    That shouldn't happen, and as far as i recall, this never worked like this in the past.
    And this 'feature' should be an option.

If you're gonna download 'genre' images which then will be displayed randomly, then why not create a new folder in Skin Farnart\Scraper with the name 'musicGenre' and put them in there?

These files must have been generated by the FH.
    Maybe NowPlaying scraping?

All is not necessary. Remove from UserDef\Music directory, all files related to the actor {digits}.jpg. And restart the MP. Should help.
    So what you're actually saying here is: Disable MIH if you don't want random images to be shown?
    I think that's an incorrect approach, since MIH also handles Artists biography and ClearArt.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I can understand though why ajs does not want to mess with these elements.
    Why make something that already works well? :D

And this 'feature' should be an option.
    This can be turned off. :whistle:

If you're gonna download 'genre' images which then will be displayed randomly, then why not create a new folder in Skin Farnart\Scraper with the name 'musicGenre' and put them in there?
    The plugin does not download them. I for myself have downloaded them myself and placed in a folder with the correct name.

Disable MIH if you don't want random images to be shown?
    I think that's an incorrect approach, since MIH also handles Artists biography and ClearArt.
    Sorry.:( Not exactly said.:coffee: I meant to turn off loading fanart in the MIH. Well loading ClearArt is optional, I shut myself because For me, it makes MePoTools. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1419244430][/DOUBLEPOST]FanartHandler.4.0.0.117 (Alpha)
    + Add NTFS Junction/Symlinks support for FileSystemWatcher.

Code:
    22-Dec-2014 12:12:22 Debug [               Utils]: Junction detected: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs -> D:\Media\thumbs
    22-Dec-2014 12:12:22 Debug [               Utils]: Fanart Handler file watcher folder: D:\Media\thumbs\Skin FanArt\
    22-Dec-2014 12:14:00  Info [     DirectoryWorker]: Refreshing local fanart is starting.
    22-Dec-2014 12:14:00 Debug [     DirectoryWorker]: Revert junction: D:\Media\thumbs\Skin FanArt\Scraper\movies\13{3}.jpg -> C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin FanArt\Scraper\movies\13{3}.jpg
    22-Dec-2014 12:14:00  Info [     DirectoryWorker]: Refreshing local fanart for Movies (Scraper) is starting.
    22-Dec-2014 12:14:00  Info [     DatabaseManager]: Importing fanart into fanart handler database (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin FanArt\Scraper\movies\13{3}.jpg).
    22-Dec-2014 12:14:00  Info [     DirectoryWorker]: Refreshing local fanart for Movies (Scraper) is done.

Attachments

• FanartHandler.4.0.0.117.Alpha.zip
      299.3 KB
    Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    t is up to the fanart handler to know the difference between "'fanartname' (xx)" and "default (xx)" images and should allow the user to select display of randomized fanart or randomized default images from the same folder while media without fanart is played.
    I might add, mask files, settings, and then the user himself will decide which files to use for random show.[DOUBLEPOST=1419246701][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So, how do i turn this option off then?
    In FanartHandler.xml -
    XML:
        <entry name="UseDefaultBackdrop">no</entry>

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    FanartHandler.4.0.0.119 (Alpha)
    + In FanartHandler.xml add:
    XML:
    <entry name="DefaultBackdropMask">*.jpg</entry>
    Code:
    22-Dec-2014 13:37:40 Debug [       FanartHandler]: Default backdrops [*.jpg] for Music found: 3

Attachments

• FanartHandler.xml
      1.9 KB
    • FanartHandler.4.0.0.119.Alpha.zip
      299.5 KB
    Last edited:

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks good!!

Code:
    22-Dec-2014 12:50:46 Debug [       FanartHandler]: Default backdrops [*.FH.jpg] for Music found: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom