Fanart Handler Plugin v4.0.X.000 (3 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    FanartHandler.4.0.0.115 (Alpha)
    * Changed the mechanism to store and retrieve fanart for artists.
    Should be better, faster and more stable :D. But that could even break :cool::whistle:. Should be checked.:coffee:

Attachments

• FanartHandler.4.0.0.115.Alpha.zip
      297 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The plugin does not know how to look for changes in the NTFS Link,:mad: will be something to think about.:coffee:

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you update the MPEI repository with your versions? Easier than to look in the thread for each release.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It feels much more ready than what is in the repository right now ;-) But no problem at all, I can copy a dll by myself. Just thought about many users that might not be reading this thread.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It feels much more ready than what is in the repository right now ;-) But no problem at all, I can copy a dll by myself. Just thought about many users that might not be reading this thread.
    I agree, and even ajs himself suggested to put this into the repo.

It's not about me exchanging the dll but much more about several users out there, who are posting support requests for FanartHandler-generated problems. The few remaining issues are no show-stoppers. Actually what I read here is feature over-kill of the kind "great, I like it, but give me even more", e.g. the radio stuff, which did not exist before. Going down this path will never lead to anything final. Hence I suggest to exchange the repo version with the latest ajs development, and then continue here with further refinement.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    oops.... I thought I had found the solution to random images ... but I did not. Putting multiple default images did not stop from cycling random images through songs without fanart. It seems that MIH filled my user folder after my test, and subsequently overpowered my default images. Is there a way to disregard random images, but still randomly display the default images? Does the logic need to be refined, or a user selection to display defaut images (only) during missing fanart (at least until fanart is scraped for that artist)?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom