Fanart Handler Plugin v4.0.X.000 (6 Viewers)

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have the same problem, the user folder is filled with random fanart pictures. I don't know why. As I have seen, there also no option to deactivate it. In the xml the path to the defaultdackdrop is set but it takes random pictures when a fanart pictures is not found and not default pictures.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MusicInfoHandler scrapes up to 3 fanart images and puts them in the user folder so it doesn't overwrite previously scraped images by Fanart-Handler. FanartHandler still is needed to display the images... so it seems some logic changes are needed in FanartHandler.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    MusicInfoHandler scrapes up to 3 fanart images and puts them in the user folder so it doesn't overwrite previously scraped images by Fanart-Handler.
    These plug-ins are different file names, so they can not interfere with each other.[DOUBLEPOST=1419184391][/DOUBLEPOST]
    so it seems some logic changes are needed in FanartHandler.
    MIH should not write to the user directory. That's all.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    so it seems some logic changes are needed in FanartHandler.

I did recently make a suggestion to the MIH discussion... but IMO it is a FAH issue... It shouldn't matter where MIH saves fanart, the userdef\music folder is there for the user to add images not scraped by FAH, it is up to the fanart handler to know the difference between "'fanartname' (xx)" and "default (xx)" images and should allow the user to select display of randomized fanart or randomized default images from the same folder while media without fanart is played.

just my 2cents, no offense meant, you have done an incredible job keeping FAH alive and well.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Disagree.
    MIH was made this way, because of how FH handles images.
    Now that FH is under development again, and features are being added, it's starting to duplicate MIH functions.
    This is FH's choice, so FH should handle all of that, not the other way around.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Now that FH is under development again, and features are being added, it's starting to duplicate MIH functions.
    If MIH learn to download images to the same extent that the FA, and also will do it while playing music. I turn off all the functions to download pictures to the FA. But since he does not yet know how, then disable it makes no sense. A directory of the user and made to let the user know that there is. And MIH should not write anything there, it has a catalog scraper.[DOUBLEPOST=1419238217][/DOUBLEPOST]
    it is up to the fanart handler to know the difference between "'fanartname' (xx)" and "default (xx)" images
    I have in this folder 30 files which i like a lot, to work the way you want them to me everything must be renamed. Also there are files for genres, etc. All I would like to add to the artists I put in a folder scraper.

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    should allow the user to select display of randomized fanart or randomized default images from the same folder while media without fanart is played.
    That´s why I made a lots of comments before - but there seems to be no understanding of this issue ;)
    Well, let´s wait and see how ajs resolves these issues - so far he made a great step forward ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    so FH should handle all of that, not the other way around.
    It handles everything in both directories, but what there is in the user directory is also displayed then when there is no right pictures. But since there MIH not uploaded a bunch of faceless pictures, users are nervous. Therefore it is necessary to disable or MIH downloading fanart and transfer all that he downloaded to a folder scraper, or disable random display of pictures in general.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    FH should handle all of that, not the other way around.
    @ajs , this statement is key! Your FH development is so advanced that you may really want to think of it as a complete replacement of MIH.

On my system I have in the meantime deactivated the MIH. However, I now "suffer" from file duplicates, particularly for music, where both thumbs\Skin Fanart/Userdef/music and thumbs\music contain Fanart pictures. (Not to speak of the advanced ClearArt and ClearLogo pictures, which seem to show up in almost every path - but that's a different topic.)

The other issue of random fanart showing when there is no artist picture available, is still there - at least I have not been able to stop the system from showing pop artist pictures while playing classical Bach and Händel concerts.

I am uncertain how to proceed: should I delete all the pictures and let your FH scrape everything again?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Adding to the above: on my work PC, where I only occasionally use MediaPortal , I see new artist picture files in the UserDef directory with date 17. December. However, MIH was definitely deactivated that day. These files must have been generated by the FH. Indeed I installed version 110 that day, yet in theory any FH-downloaded file should have been added to the "scraper" path, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom