cul8er

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    cul8er, I have tested RC2 along with two other testers and have not found a problem yet! And aMPed is using it in every possible window! Still testing, but so far everything looks awesome! Many Many thanks

Is it time to move this thread to the Plugins Forum yet, or maybe start a new one so users don't have to wade through all the test results? Or are you waiting for final release of 1.0?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Dadeo,

If no more issues are reported I will release version 1.0 tomorrow and this in a new thread in the plugin forum;)

best regards
    cul8er

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Cul8er,

Is it a good suggestion to add a 'start scraping' button in the configuration menu? This way, with the help of a possible progressbar, it is clear when scraping is finished. :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If no more issues are reported I will release version 1.0 tomorrow and this in a new thread in the plugin forum;)
    Yipee!

* copy your fanart in the /thumbs/skin fanart/music to a backup location
    * delete all fanart in the /thumbs/skin fanart/music folder
    * copy your /database/fanarthandler.db3 file to a backup location
    * delete your /database/fanarthandler.db3 file
    * install RC2
    May I suggest you include such install instructions as apply to 1.0 in the Wiki (or a readme) since I think you have posted this about ten times now :D

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Dadeo,

best regards
    cul8er

Just test fully at home, all scraping works both now playing and full (though if full going on then now playing scaping seems disabled...by design?).

All tags are working on all the screens I am working on, transition issues gone...

Looks like a perfect job...

Cheers

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi vrm,

I think both your problems are skinning related and not plugin issues. And both problems are probably due to missing the fanart available controls (91919293 and/or 91919294).

Please change your code what I have below here (I assume this is the code for your myNowPlaying.xml). I have removed alot of controls that you shouldn't use in now playing xml and added the 91919294 control that is required.

You can find examples here (link).

Please let me know if this solves the issues.

best regards
    cul8er

Hey, :D for fix my skin file!
    The flashing default background issue has gone.

The other hasn't. I try to explain again. I listen to Nightwish. I see proper fanart in the now playing screen.
    I go to the current playlist(it is not configured to use fanart), I choose a Therion song then I go back to the now playing screen and I still see Nightwish on the background for 20 secs then default background shows up. I go further. Go again to the current playlist, select another artist which has no fanart scrapped and when I go back to the now playing screen, I see my default background fading out so I see blank screen and waiting 20 secs. Then default background comes back for good (or at least until the next supported artist).

But since this great plugin supports my custom fanarts, it's all up to me :)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi trevor,

The reason for not allowing now playing scrape while the initial scrape is running is to avoid issues with the SQLite database. So it is by design. I will see for future versions if this can be improved but it is mostly an issue on the first big scrape.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I'm very pleased to announce version 1.0 of this plugin. Thank you all for your incredible help in testing and providing feedback. Without your help this plugin would never had reached version 1.0. I will not close this thread. Instead I have started a new thread in the plugin forum (link).

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom