Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Description
    Hi,
    Music database scanning now works fine and very fast. Unfortunately Music fanart doesn't work for me (never worked before). Logs are attached.

Best regards
    Helios

Steps to Reproduce:
    Enable fanart grabbing in database setup.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately Music fanart doesn't work for me (never worked before)
    Can you specify this a little bit more? I had also trouble once and the reason was, that compilation albums were not recognized correctly. As a result I didn't have the fanart for tracks and albums, but only for artists. Henso fixed this already.
    • Your logs show network errors. Can you please close the server once, restart it and retrigger an audio import
    • If you filter for artists, do you see artist thumbs with artist fanart in the background?
    • Do you see artist fanart for albums and tracks? If previous (artist view) answer is no, you won't see anything here. If the answer is yes, please also check in this view
    • If you had a previous MP2.1 version installed. It might also help to delete everything audio related in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Helios61 , on top of @ge2301's points could you do another test please?

Create a small test sample (no need for thousands of files, a few dozens are enough) and this time select the first option (Audio data + Fanart) and run the two imports. Does this change anything?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    Can you specify this a little bit more?
    I've done 2 import runs (Online resources: only fanart), restartet the server and have played an Album (The Beatles - 1967-1970). I've exspected, that fanart of The beatles is shown, but unfortunately it isn't.
    Create a small test sample (no need for thousands of files, a few dozens are enough) and this time select the first option (Audio data + Fanart) and run the two imports. Does this change anything?
    No changes, Logs of database import and playback the album ist attached.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How about my first question. Did you filter for Beatles as artist and check, if you see the fanart? By this you can prove, it it was at least downloaded, but the link to the album or something is not working proper.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If i filter for album artist or artist, i get an empty screen (screenshot). If i search for beatles, all Beatles tracks are listed, but without fanart.

Attachments

• snip_20170801175250.png
      snip_20170801175250.png
      528.1 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then it's clear, the fanart is really not downloaded and available. This means the problem is during import. @henso do you have any clue from the logs. After your last changes it's working well for me.

Last edited:

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @Helios61 @ge2301
    I don't se any artist being found during the import.
    Are the files tagged with an artist? If yes I will need a sample zip file with some of your files and the folder structure they are stored in to debug the issue.
    If no artists are found I don't think any fanart will be found IIRC. Do you have local fanart for the albums/artists?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is no prinicipal issue since Fanart download is working for all of us. Ther mus tbe some other reason in this case and I look forward to see some sample files for testing by others.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are the files tagged with an artist? If yes I will need a sample zip file with some of your files and the folder structure they are stored in to debug the issue.
    Of course, all files are proper tagged. Have uploaded some albums for testing to our ftp (/Members/Helios61/Henso).
    If no artists are found I don't think any fanart will be found IIRC. Do you have local fanart for the albums/artists?
    No local fanart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom