ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    I almost forgot about this one. Can we use it or is it already in the latest weekly?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, this is included in the "skinengine way". Shouldn't it be already in use in multiple places?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm referring only to brownards last post in this thread. he proposes another change.
    A sorry, this was a misunderstanding.

The proposed changes are not yet commited, so they are not included. The idea is good, but we should keep the current behavior as default and enable it only in wanted cases.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could it make sense to allow something like following?
    <Image Source="..." HorizontalAlignment="..." VerticalAlignment="..."
    UniformedHorizontalAlignment="..." UniformedVerticalAlignment="...">

The two new parameters are optional and are only working with uniformed images.
    By this we could also force the fixed position of images to left side for example.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've added Horizontal/VerticalTextureAlignment properties to the base TextureImageSource, I haven't added any properties to the ImageControl as there could potentially be an ImageSource where texture alignment doesn't make sense, this could easily be changed though.

Implementing it in xaml looks something like
    XML:
    <Image Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" HorizontalAlignment="Right" VerticalAlignment="Center" Stretch="Uniform" Margin="0,0,5,0" Height="560" Width="560">
        <Image.Source>
          <ImageSourceWrapper Delay="0.5" DelayInOut="true" Transition="transitions\dissolve" TransitionDuration="0.5" HorizontalTextureAlignment="Right"
                        Source="{Binding Source={StaticResource FanArtBackgroundModel}, Path=ImageSource, Converter={StaticResource FanArtImageSourceConverter}, ConverterParameter=Poster;0;0;False}"
                        FallbackSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource FanArtBackgroundModel},Path=MediaItem}" />
        </Image.Source>
    </Image>

Note that you need to give the Image control a width and height otherwise it will shrink to fit the texture dimensions and alignment won't apply.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've added Horizontal/VerticalTextureAlignment properties to the base TextureImageSource, I haven't added any properties to the ImageControl as there could potentially be an ImageSource where texture alignment doesn't make sense, this could easily be changed though.
    You're right, this makes more sense. Great to have this feature :)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Branch pushed, see post here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom