FAQ (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Here are the Frequently Asked Questions on the xfactor skin, and some answers;) If you like to contribute then post replies in this thread and I will update this first post.

*******************************************************************************************
    Q. Where can I find the xfactor installation files
    A. Here Downloads - x-factor - Google Code.

*******************************************************************************************
    Q. How do I get more lines in the TVGuide?
    A. Goto Settings in the x-factor skin. Select x-factor and then you have options for 6, 8 or 10 rows in the tvguide.

Q. How do I get more lines in the TV Mini Guide?
    A. Goto Settings in the x-factor skin. Select x-factor and then you have options for 4 or 7 rows in the tvguide.

Q. How do I install the skin
    A. To Install the xfactor skin you have two options.

INSTALLATION (MPE1 FILE)
    1: Deleted the XFactor folder in your cache folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache" or similar.

2: Run the MPI package (xfactor_r396.MPE1). This will automatically install fonts, the menu editor plugin and the skin. If you get a question what program to use to run the MPE1 file when you doubleclick on it you should select the MPInstaller (usually in folder "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MPInstaller.exe").

3. If this is the first time you install the xfactor skin you probably need to install the font package as well. Extract this file into your "Windows/fonts" directory (http://x-factor.googlecode.com/files/fonts.rar).

4. Enable the InfoService plugin in MP Configuration to make RSS feed and weather to work.

5. Open MP configuration and set xfactor as your skin if this is not allready so.

6. In MP configuration make sure "Start with basichome.." option is selected. This is the only supported home menu.

7. In MP configuration make sure that MP-RSSTicker is disabled (as the skin now uses the plugin you installed above, see item 4).

8. (Optional) In MP configuration goto plugins and choose xfactor to customize you main menu. This is also how you can get your modified basichome back to what it looked before upgrading, in this case just open the plugin and then press generate new basichome button and you get the layout you had before.

9. (Optional) The installation zip file only contains a small number of images. To add images and get a higher experience from the skin add your own immages to the "Animation\xx" subfolders. For example add TVSeries backdrops to the tvseries subfolder.

INSTALLATION (ZIP FILE)
    1: Deleted the XFactor folder in your cache folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache" or similar.

2: Extract the xfactor_r396.rar to your MediaPortal? base directory (for example: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal).

3. If this is the first time you install the xfactor skin you probably need to install the font package as well. Extract this file into your "Windows/fonts" directory (http://x-factor.googlecode.com/files/fonts.rar).

4. Enable the InfoService plugin in MP Configuration to make RSS feed and weather to work.

5. Open MP configuration and set xfactor as your skin if this is not allready so.

6. In MP configuration make sure "Start with basichome.." option is selected. This is the only supported home menu.

7. In MP configuration make sure that MP-RSSTicker is disabled (as the skin now uses the plugin you installed above, see item 4).

8. (Optional) In MP configuration goto plugins and choose xfactor to customize you main menu. This is also how you can get your modified basichome back to what it looked before upgrading, in this case just open the plugin and then press generate new basichome button and you get the layout you had before.

9. (Optional) The installation zip file only contains a small number of images. To add images and get a higher experience from the skin add your own immages to the "Animation\xx" subfolders. For example add TVSeries backdrops to the tvseries subfolder.

Q. The plugin I'm using is currenly not supported by xfactor, what do I do?
    A. Add a posting in the Feature Requests & Bug Reports (link) thread.

Q. I get this error message when using the MPI (MPE1) installation package "The requested operation cannon be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open."
    A. Windows has a lock on the font files that the installer tries to install. Press OK button and restart yuor computer. If it works to start MP after this reboot it is ok othervise you have to download this package (link) and manually install the fonts. I will try to investigate with the developer of the MPI tool to see why this is happening.

How do I use the X-Factor Menu Editor Guide
    A.A guide is available here link
    How do I use the X-Factor Fanart Plugin
    A.A guide is available here link
    Q. I get no weather and RSS feed data anymore after upgrading/installing new version of the xfactor skin.
    A. Have you followed the installation instructions and done this:
    Install this plugin (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/mpinfoservice-v0-5-five-day-weather-multiple-rss-feeds-twitter-basic-home-60206/) and enable it in MP Configuration to make RSS feed and weather to work. In MP configuration also make sure that MP-RSSTicker is disabled (as the skin now doesn't use it anymore).

Q. I want video FanArt in myVideo plugin when browsing videos, how do I do.
    A. Add .jpg images named as the video title and place it in the /Media/Fanart/Video folder. Like Madonna.jpg.
    Q. The OSD is only partly displayed for me. I can only see the bottom of osd without infotext, subtitle button, etc..
    A. The new thing is that the OSD will open collapsed and if you press up/down/left or right it will expand and show more info. Looks quite nice and saves space if you only want to see current time and the progressbar.

Best Regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi remb0,

I have now added this to the FAQ.

best regards
    cul8er