[will not fix] fast forward n backward recorded tv (1 Viewer)

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If we can find a nice way to implement IVideoFrameStep that works with most filters on the presenter side this limitation will be gone and ff/rew are more reliable on higher speeds with MP2.

Currently audio is the problem. Most filters don't allow faster than 4x with an audio filter in the graph, therefore MP1 has to skip ahead, try to play some frames, skip ahead and so on. Ugly, but that's the way ff/rew at higher speeds are currently implemented. We won't change this for MP1 as this means huge rewriting of code, which takes a lot of time that is better spend on writing a new presentation code for MP2.

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    So does this happen in MP 1.0.2? I don't know since I went straight from 1 RC3 to 1.1.0 RC1.

Thanx
    Hein

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So does this happen in MP 1.0.2? I don't know since I went straight from 1 RC3 to 1.1.0 RC1.

Thanx
    Hein

I can't remember if this worked with the built-in TV Engine with 1.0.0, but to be honest it is totally academic. The TV Server has so many advantages over the old TV Engine that there is no way we are going back, even if ffwd/rewind was smooth the old way. Sorry!

Mark

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I was using the TV Server in 1 RC3 and it worked fine. But as I said earlier, I was using MPEG not TS format.

Cheerz
    Hein

nl2rma

Portal Member
    April 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Heina = this problem did not exist in MP 1.0.2, and I know for sure because I always FastForward trough the commercials in record tv series or movies.
    Roy

If we can find a nice way to implement IVideoFrameStep that works with most filters on the presenter side this limitation will be gone and ff/rew are more reliable on higher speeds with MP2.

Currently audio is the problem. Most filters don't allow faster than 4x with an audio filter in the graph, therefore MP1 has to skip ahead, try to play some frames, skip ahead and so on. Ugly, but that's the way ff/rew at higher speeds are currently implemented. We won't change this for MP1 as this means huge rewriting of code, which takes a lot of time that is better spend on writing a new presentation code for MP2.

Maybe I think way to simple but there is no need for audio when you FastForward or Reverse? Isnt it possible to drop or unload audio when ff?

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe I think way to simple but there is no need for audio when you FastForward or Reverse? Isnt it possible to drop or unload audio when ff?
    With the current code base this would require rebuilding the Direct Show graph on FF/REW and again on 1x playback. Too large of a change for MP1 that probably will break other things.

fer2

Portal Member
    April 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I had MP V1.02 (stable) and ff/fr worked fine (TV server, ts files, etc.). Now with V1.1.0 RC1 this important feature is completly missing for ts layback. It is a pity that some working parts of previous versions are lost in new ones, specially so usefull features, and necessary, as the ff/fr function. Do you imagine a media player without this? At least we have the step jump...

Great software anyway, I've been used it for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom