Fast Forward / Rewind (1 Viewer)

Taglicht

Portal Member
January 1, 1970
Hi, I just switched from MP1 to 2.2. I wish to be able to FF/FR at speeds of 2,4,8,16,32x like in MP1 and not only 2 and 4x. Please add also a time slider that indicates the progress and so...
Thanks!
Thomas.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know an answer.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In MP1 I think it basically does 'real' (i.e. running the graph faster) fast-forward to x4, then supports faster speeds by doing repeated, short, forward skip-steps to mimic fast-forward. I think it always does reverse play (rewind) by using skip-steps.

The reason is that some filters don't behave nicely at high graph speeds, so the graph hangs/is slow to respond etc. Also running at e.g. x32 means you have to read and decode the stream x32 faster than normal...

See MP1 player code at: MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1

philanyware

September 27, 2012
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does MP2 use the same method of real fast-forward (running the graph faster) at x2 or x4 playback?
    Just wondering if there is a technical limitation that does not allow a feature for smooth playback at (e.g.) x1.3, x1.5 or x1.8 etc, or is it a policy decision not to implement playback at in-between speeds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    Of course it does! Doh! Glad we missed that there was a 2.4.1 update - we're usually assiduous about updating all our software to its latest versions.
    Of course it does! Doh! Glad we missed that there was a 2.4.1 update - we're usually assiduous about updating all our software to...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom