Feature Request: Bookmark movies (2 Viewers)

el_kano

Portal Member
December 3, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi There,

one piece of functionality that would be great is the ability to bookmark movies to watch later.
Then it could appear in a category. That way scrolling through hundreds of movies to find one that interests a person only needs to be done occasionally.

It would also be good if the bookmark section could also be further broken down into further categories (i.e. make my own list while my wife has her own separate one).

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The Trakt plugin has this feature, you can add movies to your watchlist either from MovingPictures or from the website http://trakt.tv. When the trakt plugin does a sync it has an option to create a Watchlist category which will show you all movies that you have locally and that are in your watchlist.

It also removes the movies once you have watched them ;)

loadme

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I got the same request and would like to see it as part of moving pictures.

Implemented like this:
    Setting a flag on 1 or more movies ("bookmark" or "watch later") would bring up a new top level category

Trakt has some very nice features. But it also follows the social trend and requires to upload tons of information about you into the internet.
    I dont like the idea to generate an oversized logfile, showing what I watched when and what I am likely to watch later.

This simple yet effective feature would greatly improve the experience with moving pictures. Everyone with a larger lib knows that feeling. You sit in front of it and start looking for the right movie to watch.. and that can really take time ;p

Cheers!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Both Trakt.tv and Follw.it allow private profiles, so you could go that route if you are skimish on the social cloud aspect.

The new version of MovPic also has support for plot keywords, so you can make some awesome filters to break a large collection of movies into small groups that are easy to pick from. Watching a movie series is also easy with the new collections support. Unfortunatly this new version is not out as an official release, so you have to build from SVN or use test-builds such as the one I put up at the IMDb+ download section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom