Feature Request for MP1.18 PRE - granular control of "Stop Playback on removal of audio renderer" (2 Viewers)

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK - so we have Vista user:eek:, a non-HDMI user [more :eek: and it gets ever more complex generally:oops:

So, I think it would be perfectly reasonable to say 'not for consideration in 1.18 PRE' as too many variables to be considered, but may hap further consideration for 1.19 maybe possible:).

To me, that would qualify as a entirely reasonable result to my request(y) unless some is really keen to take it on before then:giggle:

MM & Cyber - many thanks for your consideration and actually taking time out to do some testing. As always, above and beyond chaps(y)(y)

Cheers - JCMP.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Mmmm, might be because you're using Vista.
    :(

Actually, I have been intending to build a new HTPC based on Windows 7 for several months now. Sadly, my Vista HTPC has recently developed noisy fans, so that may just provide the incentive to start the new build. :D

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    :(

Actually, I have been intending to build a new HTPC based on Windows 7 for several months now. Sadly, my Vista HTPC has recently developed noisy fans, so that may just provide the incentive to start the new build. :D

Win 10 actually works quite well, provided you quench all the 'phone home' crap:eek: and put Cortana in her place [you do have to diddle the DDL's to do it, as she's nearly immortal otherwise:sick:

Cheers - JCMP

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Maybe a vacuum cleaner would help?
    I reckon its Vista taking its last dying breath.;)
    Actually, joecrow, I think mm was suggesting that the fans are noisier because they are spinning more quickly, and that they are spinning more quickly because the cooling fins and/or vents are clogged with dust -- so a good "seeing to" with a vacuum cleaner might provide some benefit. :D Worth trying, I think.

Unless you have a spare Win 7 lying around
    Yes, I do have a currently unused retail Windows 7 licence, which I purchased specifically for this new HTPC build.

why not Win 10?
    Win 10 actually works quite well, provided you quench all the 'phone home' crap:eek:
    I purchased a new laptop last year, complete with Windows 10, but I have since installed Windows 7 on that too (different licence), in a dual-boot configuration. There are some things that I like about Windows 10, but I think that even the 1703 edition is still a "work in progress". After several more years, Microsoft will (hopefully) have reversed some of the aggressive decisions they made in Windows 10 (such as not being able to disable Windows Update easily). Fortunately, the new laptop uses an Intel Skylake processor, which is still supported with updates from Microsoft for Windows 7. Kaby Lake is the replacement for Skylake, and Microsoft are not providing Windows 7 updates for Kaby Lake.

There is a plugin that permit to change audio renderer not sure if it will help for this :)
    Thanks for mentioning this. Mostly I was curious about possible dependencies arising from different TVs having different behaviour, and how MP handles that.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Actually, joecrow, I think mm was suggesting that the fans are noisier because they are spinning more quickly, and that they are spinning more quickly because the cooling fins and/or vents are clogged with dust -- so a good "seeing to" with a vacuum cleaner might provide some benefit. :D Worth trying, I think.
    (y)

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    There is a plugin that permit to change audio renderer not sure if it will help for this :)
    Audio Switcher @Rick164 :p

I had consider it as well as possible solution(y).

Assuming I could EventGhost the selection mapping [so selecting music/radio would select internal device and selecting any video based service select HDMI] that would mean turning TV off/on would work [as TV off == TV speakers off:)] - what it would not give me is the sound quality from the external amp/speaker on video/TV as back to limited internal TV speakers and part of the move from TV to external is to counter the hearing impact of being a coffin dodger:sick: - which is not so much just louder but more clarity in speech:love:

TTFN - JCMP

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Maybe a vacuum cleaner would help?

Very possible - I do make a point of vacuuming my machines every few months, as my main box sits in lounge and where we live gets a lot of dust blow though + the impact of 5 cats [in moulting season we can groom enough fur from the big one to knit another small one:sneaky:], it's well worth doing. I also clean the fan blades on CPU and case fans - old trimmed brush + vacuum, as lot of crap tends to stick to blades as finding good air filters for external fans is a challenge [will be testing carbon mesh filters from cat litter box on next build]:whistle:

As long as dust etc not started to impact bearings, it does improve overall sound as fan's run at lower speed across the system.

TTFN - JCMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom