Feature request - integrate patched Core.dll (FrameGrabber) for AtmoLight (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    azzuro - I'm not quite sure what is amusing/funny about asking reasonable questions.....you actually tagged me to get my input :( (and this is for a patch which had already been effectively rejected by two other devs).

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    If Deda is happy with the patch then I'm OK with it.

I'm not happy, I just tried to explain what code will do there :), but do not have a clue if it will have serious influence on render.

Thanks Deda.

From what everyone has said (but this should be a team decision, not just mine) I'm willing to approve patch - it can get wider user testing then in 1.6.0 pre-release ;)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    azzuro - I'm not quite sure what is amusing/funny
    it's only your post : " If Deda is happy with the patch then I'm OK with it." don't take my "Funny" as sacarsm or laughing of you ! :oops:

For now, I would thank you, for say your opinion about this patch. ( and other team Guy's ( Deda / Offbyone / Seb / ... )

why, i asked you for this ? :
    because you work always on Dshow stuff related to vidéo quality, i would know if this can be have impact for User lambda. ( CPU usage / stuttering ).

if "yes" : the code is very bad ! it should be send to trash, and I ( or we = Atmolight community) should found an other solution.
    the second approch for Atmolight community was : if accepted, no more needed to release new MPEI Core changer, with maybe lot of error from me. and user who have buy Hardware, can use it out of box with new MP release .

Like you ( i think ), i prefer have better quality vidéo than effect behind my TV ! ( but if you can try Ambilight effect, i think you can adopt it )

i hope you understand me ! :X3:

After, tourette and scythe was said, than this code can be send to GPU but HOW ????? :(

So, thank you everybody !

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    i hope you understand me ! :X3:

Yes, of course - no probs :)

It would be good to have the GPU doing some of the 'frame analysis' work (for this and ViewModeSwitcher, which also uses the frame grabber), but I don't think there is anyone around who is interested in implementing it at the moment....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom