Feature Request: Remote Database and/or Movie List Export (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Your remote site needs to somehow access the needed information. The easiest way I can think of doing that is having some sort of script that pushes the information to your remote site. (If I were trying to set something like that up, I would make a php script to build an xml doc and ftp it to my remote site.)

-LRFalk01

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
hm, I'll try to read up on this I suppose..... But I already have a few questions:
What type of database does MovingPictures use?
So the idea here: Make a .bat file that runs a php file to get the data from the database and place it in some xml file, which I can then have automatically uploaded via ftp to my site, and I can then use with some html code to display it? This seems over my head now actually, haha!

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
Ohh you know what!? You could just FTP a copy of the entire db to a remote web server. That would be super easy. then you could use the script I posted and change the path to the db.

-LRFalk01

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Ohh you know what!? You could just FTP a copy of the entire db to a remote web server. That would be super easy. then you could use the script I posted and change the path to the db.

-LRFalk01

Now we're talkin!! haha.

I'll try that bad boy out later tonight and see what happens.

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Well I'm not sure how to get the movivngpictures.db3 file to import correctly into MySQL? Anyone?

also, when I try to open the .db3 file with Microsoft Access, it asks me for a password?!?

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
I'm not sure why you are trying to do that. I would just make a script to FTP a copy of that db to your website and have php connect directly to that db. Do not forget the PHP extensions you need to enable to do it this way.

On a lighter note:
Check out my awesome dynamic signature with some Moving-Pictures Info.

-LRFalk01

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Nice, it worked!!!!

So..now how can I go about making a script (.bat maybe) that auto-copy's the Database every time I start the computer, for example?

And, how can I add a new field in the table (I'd like to see "My Rating" and "Seen")?

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
Nice, it worked!!!!

So..now how can I go about making a script (.bat maybe) that auto-copy's the Database every time I start the computer, for example?

And, how can I add a new field in the table (I'd like to see "My Rating" and "Seen")?

You just need an FTP client that works in commandline. I'm pretty sure FileZilla does this. As far as changing the table. I would not do that. There is a user rating in one of those tables already. Do some googling on SQL Statements. The information you are looking for is already in the database, just in different tables.

"SELECT T1.title FROM movie_info T1, user_movie_settings T2 WHERE T1.ID = T2.ID AND T2.watched > 0"

This select statement should give you a list of movies that have been watched. You could add an 'ORDER BY T2.watched DESC' at the end of that and it will also give you a top down from most watched to least watched movie.

-LRFalk01

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Ok....
First off: where does that line you wrote go to add the rating column? All I really want to have is like a 1 or 0 or something, in a column that says "rating." Doesn't need to get too complicated I think.
Second: How do you figure out where in the database the "my rating" field is, and what it's called? I can't see the database so I don't know how to get the correct field...
Third: I've been trying to use this page: Page 2 - Sorting Database Results with PHP to make columns clickable/sortable....but I'm obviously failing miserably...haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom