Feature Request: support of *.iso.wv files (1 Viewer)

mts1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Subject says it all.
    I have many files in this format, foobar plays them nicely, but I would like to use MediPortal as it is connected to an amplifier.
    Thanks

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    already work with MP out of box.

check if the extension *.wv is added to MP setting extension screen

mts1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    already work with MP out of box.

check if the extension *.wv is added to MP setting extension screen
    Perhaps you're confusing *.wv and *.iso.wv.
    Even though, the audio is in the same WavPack format, the structures of the files are different.
    There is no problem to play *.wv files. However, as *.iso.wv is essentially a container, it has to be treated differently. You have to mount it as an *.iso image or open it as an archive and then you'll find there several files, like audio, images and some more.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    So, maybe use virtual drive, and set *.iso.wv as extension, but you must know if the software used to mount is compatible.

mts1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks, azzuro.
    I tried that. Unfortunately, the *.iso.wv extension is not the best, because only last dot is considered to be an extension separator. The bottom line is that MP threats all files with *.wv extension as audio files and it doesn't try to mount *.iso.wv as an image, even though I added this extension to the list of mountable files in MP.
    I tested vcd - manually it mounts *.iso.wv without problems (after renaming), but I can't force MP to recognize *.iso.wv as a mountable image.
    Any ideas? Like priorities for extensions?

Please note that that I don't want to rename these files, as they are being shared.

mts1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Do you have a sample to test ?
    No, I don't have any samples.
    The smallest file I found is about 60MB. I'm not sure if it would be any of help and I don't think I can upload it here.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    verry slow to download, 50 kb/s so, i will back here in few days.

mts1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry about that. Though, it still could be the shortest way...:(

Users who are viewing this thread