Feature Requests (1 Viewer)

Bobnz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ... sorry, I am not sure if these are bugs or needed features, but I am struggling to set up TV recordings for the week using either a client and/or direct on the server. I can record logs for you but I suspect it is more of a GUI thing.

* I am in the TV Guide but there is no option to scroll further into the day.

* The "<.....>" advance to next day feature, does not show which day of the week it is on. It does display a date but that is not useful (In settings I do have the date format selected to show the day - "D").

* I select a program to record, then Extended Scheduling, then Record Series; then eg Daily. But cannot then change this - eg I select Dont Record; then Delete full series but only one day gets deleted and the other days are still showing as series record. I go out and then into Schedules and here I can delete the series but when I go back into the TV Guide they are still showing as series record.

Overall the skin and its layout is great but it is proving a challenge to set up. I found the main settings really hard to follow partly because I only later realised that some settings are hidden eg player settings only appear when a TV program is running making the settings layout look different whenever I go into it. For a time I went back to the default skin as that was a little more intuitive to work on the settings (but I could not re-find the option to change the number of lines in the TV Guide as they were squashed in the default skin hindering troubleshooting).
    Perhaps there also needs to be a popup to say to restart MP2 to force changes after editing the menu as some actions do not display until restarted.

But I am enjoying this.
    Bob

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all thanks for trying MP2.1 and your beneficial feedback. I'm the designer of the skins and can feedback to a few points.
    * I am in the TV Guide but there is no option to scroll further into the day.
    You can change the time intervals only in tv settings. Please navigate to settings/plugins/tv
    * The "<.....>" advance to next day feature, does not show which day of the week it is on. It does display a date but that is not useful (In settings I do have the date format selected to show the day - "D").
    This is something defined in the TV model behind and I also realized. The date format of the TV part is handled differently as the other dates in MP2, which are changing with the date format.
    Overall the skin and its layout is great but it is proving a challenge to set up. I found the main settings really hard to follow partly because I only later realised that some settings are hidden eg player settings only appear when a TV program is running making the settings layout look different whenever I go into it
    I brought this point internally before, but it was shifted due to capacity problems among devs. It's on the list and until next main release the settings structure is hopefully completely overworked. Currently the structure is honestly the most unintuitive one I've ever seen.

Regarding your scheduling problems it's not skin specific and I can not feedback, as I do not record anything. It would be better to bring this point in the general bug section.

Bobnz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

This year we invested in a 55in UHD TV and MP 1 works well for watching TV on our home network.
    It is interesting that they supplied 2 remotes - traditional one with lots of buttons (that we don't use at all) and a smooth one that does the same but more a pleasure to use. I guess the next generation of TV remotes will incorporate mouse type functions as browsers; Youtube and on-screen keyboards are standard Smart features. We gave up on button remotes a few years back in favour of Harmony remotes then moved on to an Arc mouse for MP. Thank you for making your skin mouse-compatible.

We only get TV via Sat and in SD with the picture in MP1 dull and fuzzy. Trying out MP2 this weekend was a 'wow' for us as the picture is now vivid and much clearer. Your skin has captured the spirit of WMC with a smooth appearance and logical navigation. All these factors have combined to take 'watching TV' to a new level for us.

Last night I found some more glitches eg The TV Guide's Watch Recording from beginning does not work and at times the guide was unable to scroll to other channels to set or check recording. Some programs being recorded take a while before they appear in the Recordings screen - some don't appear until after that movie / recording has finished.

I have a single-seat install on a PC dedicated to be a server and watch TV on client PCs. Some glitches are specific to the client eg - no option to delete a recorded program on the client (via right click) - but it is there and works on the client located on the server PC. So maybe a network thing. I will follow these through on the bugs thread.

Clearly there are some minor things still to sort with MP2 and my family are wanting me to roll back to MP1 as that is more functional for them but MP2 with WMC skin wins as my favorite combo.

I do have one feature request. Could you provide on the Guide an option to click back and forth through say 24 hours like on MP1 - really good for setting future recordings.

Thanks

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do have one feature request. Could you provide on the Guide an option to click back and forth through say 24 hours like on MP1 - really good for setting future recordings.
    There are already buttons that exactly do that. Selecting the arrows next to "14:30" are scrolling by 24h for-/backward in the EPG.
    upload_2017-5-8_14-40-58.png

Bobnz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    .. sorry my bad choice of words. The existing buttons are good for jumping to each day but it would be neat to have a second set to make the guide jump to the left or right to the next time frame eg jump 3 hours to the right with each click. So once a week I could set recordings for the next 7 days by using the existing button to go to a day then the proposed buttons to get to the the time of each program to record.

I have since found that if I connect a keyboard then I can use the keyboard's go-right buttons "->" to do this, but a mouse makes it so much more practical.

Thanks

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any way to get running TV or movies as background visible while in menu? Like it is made in the windows 10 theme of blue vision... Thanks [emoji5]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any way to get running TV or movies as background visible while in menu? Like it is made in the windows 10 theme of blue vision... Thanks [emoji5]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk
    With menu you mean the WMC home menu with horizontal and vertical items, right?
    Currently there is no way to achieve that, because it would interfere with the aurora animation. But of course it's not impossible and the home menu is also not finalized yet. I might take a look on it by time.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301
    Yes that was what i meant. :) Maybe it is an option to deaktivate the aurora Animation when showing Video... I always liked the little TV Window on MP1...

BTW: On the Home Screen the RED Key do not work. (to switch back to TV Fullscreen for example) Is that known?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe it is an option to deaktivate the aurora Animation when showing Video
    Yes, that's one possibility.

BTW: On the Home Screen the RED Key do not work. (to switch back to TV Fullscreen for example) Is that known?
    thanks, I didn't know it. I'll fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread