• Total voters

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can only see two arrows on the home menu, for navigating left and right.
    Vertical buttons are available in the not yet released version 2.2.
    upload_2018-8-31_16-44-6.png

The four arrows in the WMC EPG appear when you hover the mouse near the edges of the visible part of the EPG.
    I'll check, if an implementation is possible, but it will be probably not with version 2.2.

However when watching a movie, no matter how much you move the mouse
    It works well here. I've never seen the screen that you showed when playing a movie. Is it probably from a DVD or Bluray? Most people use mkv's, Avi, mpg, so that's one thing I can imagine. I never played a DVD with MP2 and probably never reached this screen then during skinning. Until your reply and more checking: Right mouse click opens the menu, another right mouse click closes it again.

Btw: You can find all WMC related changes (also planned or next version) here.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    It works well here. I've never seen the screen that you showed when playing a movie. Is it probably from a DVD or Bluray? Most people use mkv's, Avi, mpg, so that's one thing I can imagine. I never played a DVD with MP2 and probably never reached this screen then during skinning. Until your reply and more checking: Right mouse click opens the menu, another right mouse click closes it again.

The screen grab I used was from a ripped DVD saved to my NAS, but it is the same when playing an actual DVD disc.

I'm a bit confused why you are saying you've never seen a screen like this. The real WMC had on-screen controls no matter what you were playing (TV, video, ripped movies or physical discs). YOu have emulated these controls perfectly for the TV viewer, but missed them out for the video player.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm a bit confused why you are saying you've never seen a screen like this. The real WMC had on-screen controls no matter what you were playing (TV, video, ripped movies or physical discs). YOu have emulated these controls perfectly for the TV viewer, but missed them out for the video player.
    MP2 has a pre-defined structure (which is completely differet to WMC). I'm only skinner and have to use it.
    The controls are only once thing, but there are different FullScreenContent files according to content and they call the player controls. See below. The FullScreenDVD.xaml was never touched by me and is non existent in WMC skin. Accordingly MP2 falls back to the one from Default Skin, which was not changed since 2006 or something :) The result will be something undefined. I have not even a DVD slot in my HTPC and mkv files support FullHD in the same size.
    upload_2018-8-31_18-13-54.png

I'll try to modify the The FullScreenDVD.xaml blindly, as I can not test it, and would kindly ask you to check the result after I give a new version to you. Ok?

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    MP2 has a pre-defined structure (which is completely differet to WMC). I'm only skinner and have to use it.
    The controls are only once thing, but there are different FullScreenContent files according to content and they call the player controls. See below. The FullScreenDVD.xaml was never touched be me and is non existent in WMC skin. Accordingly MP2 falls back to the one from Default Skin, which was not changed since 2006 or something :) The result will be something undefined. I have no even a DVD slot in my HTPC and mkv files support FullHD support in the same size.
    View attachment 198392
    I'll try to modify the The FullScreenDVD.xaml blindly, as I can not test it, and would kindly ask you to check the result after I give a new version to you. Ok?

I don't understand much of that to be honest, but I would be happy to help you test out a new version (as long as I can restore the old version if it doesn't work!)

I noticed something else today which might help you pinpoint the issue:

Contrary to what I may have said earlier, I do see the video controls if I play back any video which is not a ripped DVD, or an actual DVD. I was sure I tested this already but obviously not so apologies for the bad information. It would appear that I am only having problems with video which is stored in the VIDEO_TS format, or an ISO image of a DVD, or an actual DVD. I am guessing, therefore, that if I took a DVD image and encoded it to something else I would also see the video controls.

I can understand now why you have never seen this issue, if you do not have a DVD slot and do not play DVD images encoded in that way.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Digsy
    Can you please backup \\Program Files\MP2-Client\Plugins\WMCSkin and replace the folder with attached one.
    Then insert a DVD, if MP2 is running. You should have normal PlayerControls and also a DVDMenuButton.
    Hopefully it works for your DVD's. Please report your result here. Thanks.

Edit: Attachement removed, fix is inclused in next release

Last edited:

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    @Digsy
    Please report your result here. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for trying to sort this so quickly, but when I apply the new folder, MP2 reverts back to the default skin and I cannot re-select the WMC skin. It falls back on default again. Restoring the backup folder re-enables the WMC skin. Sorry! :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, thanks for trying to sort this so quickly, but when I apply the new folder, MP2 reverts back to the default skin and I cannot re-select the WMC skin. It falls back on default again. Restoring the backup folder re-enables the WMC skin. Sorry! :)
    Aww, I forgot that you use version 2.1.3. My version is from 2.2, which is not compatible.
    Can you in my package just look for following files to exchange (after backup). Some might be not existing yet, so just place them into the same position when comparing the folder structure.
    • FullScreenContentDVD.xaml
    • DVDMenu.focus.png
    • DVDMenu.nofocus.png
    • Mediastyles.xaml

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Can you in my package just look for following files to exchange (after backup). Some might be not existing yet, so just place them into the same position when comparing the folder structure.
    • FullScreenContentDVD.xaml
    • DVDMenu.focus.png
    • DVDMenu.nofocus.png
    • Mediastyles.xaml

Same result I'm afraid. It keeps falling back on the default theme. :(

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same result I'm afraid. It keeps falling back on the default theme. :(
    Then something within mediastyles.xaml is incompatible with MP2.1.3. you need to wait for the next version then I fear. But the release will be very soon ;)
    I installed a virtual drive and can test DVD ISO's now. It's working for WMCSkin. There is also a new DVDMenuButton. When The DVDMenu is open the player controls are hidden and the mouse can be used to control the entries of the DVD menu.
    Unbenannt.jpg Unbenannt2.jpg

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    That's great :) I will look forrward to the next release.

By the way, I really appreciate what you are doing here with the WMC theme. Its great for us ex-WMC users to have a place to go after support from Microsoft stopped. I know that MP is a product in its own right and isn't trying to be WMC, but having the skin makes the transition much easier. Its only been a week since I installed MP2 and already its working almost as well as my old setup.

Also I can now use a second PC as a client for my bedroom media setup!

Thanks again! :)

Users who are viewing this thread