Ffdshow audio + ac3 filter settings for 5.1 spdif (2 Viewers)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
kiwijunglist
If I use ffdshow for AAC streams, like TED (with 2 AAC audiochannels) in Online Videos plugin, I get a bit of stuttering audio. Do you get the same?

EDIT:
I got a little update for your screenshots in the opening post with some important settings.
See attached files.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    96.5 KB
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    118.8 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Give me the details of an online videos video that causes stuttering and i can try it.
    Can you post sample of the DD video that is down sampled to 2 channel audio?

WindsorTheater

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2009
    Any suggestions on how to get 5.1 WMV via SPDIF working?

I have the WMV 5.1 box ticked but all I get is 2channel. In XP I also have 5.1 speakers selected.

Note - in ffdshow audio all WMA formats are set to active- yet ffdshow audio decoder does not appeat when playing gametrailers streaming WMV content. Not sure how to suck out the http stream address from game trailers or I would graphedit it.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you don't need the http for the stream to run a graph, just load graphstudio and connect to remote graph at the same time that mediaportal is playing the game trailer. i can't test 5.1 wmv bc i dont have any.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    To get 5.1 WMV working, tick/enable [Use 5.1 audio playback of WMV movie files] in the MP config screen
    Together with the AC3Filter as postprocessing with all the settings displayed in this thread.

See the following screenshot.
    audio01.jpg

dlthorpe

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2009
    Just following this and all is ok except for one thing. In my AC3Filter Config i cannot select "prefer other decoder" on the "System" tab.

It doesnt look grayed out but i cant select it at all. Not sure whats up with that?

All i have installed is the SAF 4.00 RC1 from this forum (so AC3Filter is v1.63b).

Any ideas?

thanks,
    D.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not sure why that is greyed out, I havn't tried with latest SAF. I use MP1.0.2, so i use SAF 3.47 and integrated ffdshow / ac3filter (version 1.63b) manually. SAF may have already lowered the merit value for you. Test with some videos and check your graphs are the same as above. If needed to that setting basically lowers the merit. So you could just lower the directshow filter merit value for ac3filter manually if you needed to.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just following this and all is ok except for one thing. In my AC3Filter Config i cannot select "prefer other decoder" on the "System" tab.

It doesnt look grayed out but i cant select it at all. Not sure whats up with that?

All i have installed is the SAF 4.00 RC1 from this forum (so AC3Filter is v1.63b).

Any ideas?

thanks,
    D.

Ok, in your post you dont mention that you have a problem. Does the "not-being-able-to-select-something thingy" cause you any problems? Broken audio/video? Because if there is no problem there, dont try to fix it.

"If it aint broke, dont fix it!" :D

If there is a problem, you can describe what you see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom