FFDshow audio decoder missing in MePo graph (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi.
By some reason MePo block FFDShow Audio decoder in MePo graph.

For example this video file.

If i open it in Graphstudio, graph is correctly created like this:
flac1.png

But in MePo: (yes, FFDshow is missing).
flac2.png

The problem is, that FFDShow needs to be in graph if you want to passthrough FLAC, AAC, WMA, etc... audio.

Right now only way is add FFDshow audio decoder to MePo postprocessing to force to load it. But, this will broke some videos with multiple audio streams (MePo popup cannot play).

All can be easily reproduced if SAF5 is installed (no need to configure FFDShow)

I think i described it here

tontsa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Can we have logfiles from a playback session that doesn't have the FFDShow audio?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Can we have logfiles from a playback session that doesn't have the FFDShow audio?

No problem. Here.

From LOG:

Code:
    2010-08-24 16:59:07.966201 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Check graph connections for: ffdshow Audio Decoder
    2010-08-24 16:59:07.966201 [Debug][MPMain(1)]:  - remove done

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If i open it in Graphstudio, graph is correctly created like this
    Are they both definately using the same splitter (ie. is graphstudio using MPC matroska splitter as well as MP?)

The problem is, that FFDShow needs to be in graph if you want to passthrough FLAC, AAC, WMA, etc... audio.
    If you are using FFDShow to process FLAC then unregister madFLAC. I use madFLAC to passthrough FLAC audio as LPCM quite happily but I don't use FFDShow normally

I am struggling to see why you need madFLAC and FFDShow? The only reason I can think of is to apply post-processing like mixing / encoding to AC3 etc but in this case why not just decode the FLAC audio with FFDShow ?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    jameson_uk
    Yes, the same spliter is in use.

But this doesnot matter, that is not problem of used decoder or splitter. The same is Monogram for AAC decoding or MS DMO decoder for WMA.

By some reason MePo kick out FFDshow audio decoder from graph - why? That is the question here.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    By some reason MePo kick out FFDshow audio decoder from graph - why? That is the question here.
    It is not needed. If you have your splitter going into Monogram AAC / madFLAC / MS DMO codec then you have all you need to connect to the audio renderer. (I am guessing your built the graph yourself in Graphstudio as under XP default video renderer just says Video Renderer). If you build the default graph does this insert FFDShow? If it is the default graph then I am guessing that you have not setup FFDShow to allow FLAC input so Directshow needs madFLAC to convert FLAC to PCM (which you have set FFDShow to process); are you able to connect splitter directly to FFDshow?

In the graph above with both on what are you using FFDShow for? madFLAC is converting the audio to PCM and the audio renderer can accept this.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    It is not needed. If you have your splitter going into Monogram AAC / madFLAC / MS DMO codec then you have all you need to connect to the audio renderer. (I am guessing your built the graph yourself in Graphstudio as under XP default video renderer just says Video Renderer). If you build the default graph does this insert FFDShow? If it is the default graph then I am guessing that you have not setup FFDShow to allow FLAC input so Directshow needs madFLAC to convert FLAC to PCM (which you have set FFDShow to process); are you able to connect splitter directly to FFDshow?

In the graph above with both on what are you using FFDShow for? madFLAC is converting the audio to PCM and the audio renderer can accept this.

Graph in graphstudio is generated by drag and drop mkv file. Not custom made...
    SAF5 changed default video renderer to VMR9 on XP, (EVR on Vista/Win7) that is why you see it here - it is becouse of DXVA.

I have no idea how to explain it more...

Simply FFDShow needs to be in graph to do audio postrpocessing. It is there if i open video in graphstudio, but it is not there if MePo open the same video.

For example the only way how to passthrough 5.1 AAC is on the fly is resample to 48Khz (if it is not already), then reencoding it on the fly to 5.1 AC3 and passthrouh it to reciever. This needs to be done by FFDshow. Or a lot of other possible audio postprocessing...

I think i dont have enought strenght to explain it more. Why you simply dont try it by yourself? Install SAF, restart, open sample file i posted graphstudio then in MePo. I known, you dont trust SAF - then uninstall it after test.

BTW, it is working correctly in GB-PVR.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Simply FFDShow needs to be in graph to do audio postrpocessing
    But this is why I am confused because you want it to do post-processing but you don't want to add it as a post-processing filter in MP....

I can take an MKV file with FLAC audio and play it using the same graph as MP is generating and it plays fine.

I will ask a dev to check but I don't think that a post-procesing filter should be added unless a post-processing filter is configured

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Simply FFDShow needs to be in graph to do audio postrpocessing
    But this is why I am confused because you want it to do post-processing but you don't want to add it as a post-processing filter in MP....
    Yes, becouse if i add it to MePo postprocessing, MePo popup cannot play on some MKVs with multiple audio tracks inside. Still play fine in graphstudio + FFDshow

I will ask a dev to check but I don't think that a post-procesing filter should be added unless a post-processing filter is configured

Thanks.

BTW, as i wrote earlier, adding FFDshow in to MePo postrprocessing will broke playback of videos with multiple audio streams, and there is reason: (this sample)
    snap3.png

As you can see, MePo created two connection to audio renderer = both tracks will be played at the same time. I think that is reason why MePo popup cannot play if Passthrough is enabled (cannot passtrought two audio streams at the same time). FFDshow cannot be forced to graph, it needs to decide by itself when it needs to be here like it is already working in Graphstudio.

Simple there is no solution right now for this until MePo accept FFDshow in decoder chain.

FFDShow in MePo postprocessing = Passthrough of 5.1 AAC, WMA, FLAC, etc... (using on the fly AC3 encoding), but broken playback of videos with multiple audio streams.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Simple there is no solution right now for this until MePo accept FFDshow in decoder chain.
    I have asked a dev to look at this but there is one solution to just allow FFDShow to decode FLAC. If you do this then you don't need madFLAC at all (you can also do this for AAC etc) and then everything should work with a single filter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom