FFDshow audio decoder missing in MePo graph (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    But you should understand that the way MP builds the graph is quite different from the way GraphStudio does. GraphStudio merely asks DShow to add whatever filters it deems necessary (based on merits) to build a complete graph. But MP first adds a number of filters, then asks DShow to do the connections and add whatever filters it needs to complete the graph. This now is just a guess, but I think FFDShow depends on certain steps that DShow takes to build the graph in order to inject itself in the graph. It is my guess that DShow does not follow these same steps when trying to complete and already populated graph and thus FFDShow does not get a chance to inject itself

For example GB-PVR doing it the same - add TS source filter, demultiplexer, Monogram AAC decoder and Audio/video renderer. And FFDshow adds itself as it should between Monogram and audio renderer. Graphs is created correctly - no need to modify anything.

The same for local media playback - GB-PVR add Audio/Video renderer, rest is created by DirectShow. No problem here.

Have you checked what happens with GraphEdit if you first load the same filters as MP is configured to add and then render the source filter's output pins?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Have you checked what happens with GraphEdit if you first load the same filters as MP is configured to add and then render the source filter's output pins?

Yes, FFDshow will not connect like in MePo - that is exatly the problem i am speaking from begin.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Yes, FFDshow will not connect like in MePo - that is exatly the problem i am speaking from begin.

In that case it is quite clear that it is not an MP bug, but instead correct behavior what should happen when the filters are already loaded and DirectShow is asked to render the graph.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    In that case it is quite clear that it is not an MP bug, but instead correct behavior what should happen when the filters are already loaded and DirectShow is asked to render the graph.

I never call that "bug" - maybe missing feature. Right now there is no way hot to make it working correctly for *.ts.

Bug is if you add FFDshow Audio decoder to TV postprocessing, it will connect to TS reader for AAC = no sound.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I never call that "bug" - maybe missing feature. Right now there is no way hot to make it working correctly for *.ts.

It would require the whole directshow graph building to be re-written (now it relies most on the OS provided support).

Bug is if you add FFDshow Audio decoder to TV postprocessing, it will connect to TS reader for AAC = no sound.

What happens if you disable AAC in ffdshow? That should be done in any case since many broadcasters are sending a AAC stream that ffdshow cannot handle (limitation of TsReader - no NALU support for audio).

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

It would require the whole directshow graph building to be re-written (now it relies most on the OS provided support).

Or maybe change MePo postprocessing graph build logic to prevent breaking playback of files with two or more audio streams inside (post#9).

What happens if you disable AAC in ffdshow? That should be done in any case since many broadcasters are sending a AAC stream that ffdshow cannot handle (limitation of TsReader - no NALU support for audio).

Did you read post i sended about this issue? I didnt want to use FFDshow for LiveTV AAC, i want to have TS reader -> monogram -> ffdshow audio decoder -> Audio renderer, so i added FFDShow to MePo TV postprocessing.

And i want to use FFDShow for rest of AAC (local media) so i cannot simply disable it :/
    I think there is some AAC based Onlive Videos that doesnot work correctly if Monogram is used.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Or maybe change MePo postprocessing graph build logic to prevent breaking playback of files with two or more audio streams inside (post#9).

I think that is done as well by DirectShow - we simply as the DS to renderer the graph with the given filters. It would require complete custom graph building to allow such things to be done -> not for MP1.

Did you read post i sended about this issue? I didnt want to use FFDshow for LiveTV AAC, i want to have TS reader -> monogram -> ffdshow audio decoder -> Audio renderer, so i added FFDShow to MePo TV postprocessing.

I did and that is why I recommended the AAC to be disabled from ffdshow. Other thing that you could try is to lover the merit of ffdshow bellow the one that Monogram uses, althou DS could still ignore the 2nd audio decoder since it is not mandatory to allow the graph to be rendered completely.

In any case you need to manage to build the graph in DS (with the pre defined filters loaded) - that is matching the current graph building in MP1.

ps. all those "ffdshow AC3 encoding" issues will be solved when the MP audio renderer is ready for public use (althou since people aren't providing enough test results I would say it takes from half a year to one year currently).

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    tourettes:

So by other words, there is no solution right now...
    Enabling automatic decoding fixed problem for me (of course not for LiveTV), but i recieved some SAF users feedback, that automatic decoding doesnot work for them (they got cannot play message in MePo).

It is not all about AC3 encoding. Some users use FFDshow audio decoder to upmix stereo to 5.1, resample, delay, etc...

Hope your Audio renderer will become ready soon, and i wish you best luck on that project.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    BTW, anybody was able to make Automatic decoder setings to work on Win7 ? No problem on XP, but all videos will fail to play on Win7 :/
    Looks like there are two video renderers added to graph...

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Complete failure on 3 different Win7 systems. Tried with several media files. No success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom