ffdshow upscaling (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
sorry, youre right, i was thinking of the deinterlace method setting in my MPV decoder. I seemed to get best (smooth) video results with 'Bob' using MPV, does that necessarily mean that DGBob will produce best results with ffdshow?

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
Actually bob is good for static images. When movement is displayed it's incapable of doing the job. I find linear blending to be the smoothest method although it introduces some ghosting. To telll you the truth, I can't find a deinterlacing method I'm 100% happy with. Tried with Dscaler, Avisynth, ffdshow and ATI but linear blend is as close as it gets. But I don't say there isn't a better method, just that I haven't been able to find it.
Experiment away though...

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    To telll you the truth, I can't find a deinterlacing method I'm 100% happy with. Tried with Dscaler, Avisynth, ffdshow and ATI but linear blend is as close as it gets. But I don't say there isn't a better method, just that I haven't been able to find it.
    you can tray YADIF from ffdshow with double frametare enabled.

For LiveTV you use directly ffdshow like mpeg2 decoder or only like PP?
    If no wich decoder you use?

Hi
    massimo

frenzy

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi massimo,
    I have tried yadif and I didn't like it very much although it's the only deinterlacer that supports multithreaded function. I use ffdshow as a postprocessing filter with ATI MPEG2 decoder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom