Tools and other software FileBot - The ultimate TV Renamer and Subtitle Downloader (3 Viewers)

rednoah

Portal Pro
December 18, 2011
FileBot 2.4 is out!~

FileBot 2.4 is out!~

New features:
* Extreme-Makeover for Movie auto-detection (It actually works now!)
* More accurate and robust episode/file matching
* Support movie/series detection via imdbid/tvdbid from nfo files
* Update notifications when future versions are released
* Greatly reduced initial startup time of the Java WebStart app (by using lazy-loading)
* New portable distribution in download section
* Java 6 (Mac!) support for move/renaming files accross different volumes/filesystems

Noteworthy Scripts:
With this release I wanna highlight the scripting capabilities that are part of the FileBot CLI. Check out these scripts!~

+Fetch Banners and Artwork for TV Shows from TheTVDB:
=> http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p204

+Fetch Posters and Artwork for Movies from TheMovieDB:
=> http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p205

+Watch folders and automatically organize files:
=> http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p132

+Sort out recent downloads. Extract archives, organize episodes/movies into folders, request XBMC library rescan (something like SortTV I guess)
=> http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p52

+Create CSV file (Excel/Calc) for all your media files including columns for info like resolution, audio/video codecs, etc
=> http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p53

More info here:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/script.html

jreberry

Portal Member
January 19, 2012
I've spent the last few days trying to find a way to convert the recorded show file name (with missing season and episode info) to something TV Series will import correctly. FileBot seems to work the best, but the additional files are not re-named with the .ts file. Is there a way to have FileBot rename the .log .txt .xml and .edl files as well?

Thanks,
--Jon

rednoah

Portal Pro
December 18, 2011
Give me some example paths / folder contents and how you would like that to be handled, then I can think about if and how to integrate that kinda usecase.

jreberry

Portal Member
January 19, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm using Mediaportal to record TV shows from an ATSC antenna. Mediaportal places the shows in folders based on the show name. It gets the show information from the episode guide xml file. Often, the guide is missing season and episode numbers. Unfortunately, the TV-Series plugin requires both season and episode numbers to scrape the series information correctly. This is the problem that I have and the forums show many other people with the same problem. To fix this problem with importing, we need to scrape the season and episode information and re-name the files accordingly prior to importing into the TV-Series plugin. I've tried all of the recommendations I can find in the forums (Media Renamer, therenamer, Media Center Master, tv renamer, etc). FileBot seems to work the best for scrapping the season and episode info and renaming the video files. However, the other associated files are left with the original file name. A show example is below...

If I record Wipeout, the TV server gives me these files...
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - Family Tree.ts
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - Family Tree.edl
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - Family Tree.txt
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - Family Tree.log
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - Family Tree.xml

These files fail to import into the TV-Series plugin because they lack season and episode information. If I point FileBot to the "D:\TV Shows" folder, scan and rename i get this...
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - S03E13- Family Tree.ts
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - Family Tree.edl
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - Family Tree.txt
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - Family Tree.log
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - Family Tree.xml

Now, the show correctly imports into the TV-Series plugin because it has season and episode numbers. Unfortunately, the other files no longer match the ts file so I loose commercial skipping etc. It would be ideal if FileBot would also rename the associated files like this...
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - S03E13- Family Tree.ts
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - S03E13 - Family Tree.edl
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - S03E13 - Family Tree.txt
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - S03E13 - Family Tree.log
D:\TV Shows\Wipeout\Wipeout - S03E13 - Family Tree.xml

Then the show would correctly import into TV-Series and the other files would still match the ts file. I see several ways this could potentially be implemented. If there were a way for me to add video formats to FileBot, I could tell it that .edl .txt .log and .xml files are video files. Presumably FileBot would then also rename those files as well. Alternatively, there could be an option to "rename all files with the same name" so anything matching "Wipeout - Family Tree" would be renamed to "Wipeout - S03E13 - Family Tree".

I couldn't get the other renamer programs to work correctly (not the topic of this thread), but FileBot worked perfect except for this one issue. I'm not a developer, but I'm hoping it would be an easy feature to add.

Thanks again for the quick response and the great utility.
--Jon

rednoah

Portal Pro
December 18, 2011
Yes you're right, just adding these file types as video type will work. For this you just need to open FileBot.jar (it's a zip, I recommend 7-zip for editing). Find media.types (XML file) and then modify that like you already suggested.

But it's not a good solution since if there is random text files they will also be matched. Well, it'll probably work for you but I'll look into a better solution for next release.

jreberry

Portal Member
January 19, 2012
Thanks, adding the file formats worked. I can run FileBot with the GUI now, but I'm having trouble automating it. I'm trying to have it run once per day at 4am using the task scheduler. I'm running into two problems. Here is my bat file...

START "" filebot -rename "D:\TV Shows" --db TheTVDB --format "D:\TV Shows Sorted\{n}\{n} - {s}.{e} - {t}" -non-strict

First, it is only scanning the "TV Shows" folder and not the subfolders. All of the video files are in subfolders based on Series name. Is there a way to add subfolder scanning to the bat file?

Second, shows that match in the GUI do not match from the bat file. For example, two episode of Sesame Street match correctly in the GUI, but when the bat file runs I get errors saying "Unable to match files to episode data." I've even tried renaming the files to the exact format FileBot should be naming them to yet it still gives the same error and is unable to match.

Any ideas? Thanks again for the help,
--Jon

rednoah

Portal Pro
December 18, 2011
1. Cmds are simple and only work per-folder. But instead of bat scripting you should look into FileBot/Groovy scripting to batch process entire hierarchies.

In your case just use:
filebot -script http://filebot.sf.net/scripts/renall.groovy <normal options>

-non-strict matching should be the same as in the GUI. Same data / same episode info should get u the same output.

Send me your file paths so I can test that.

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi rednoah. I spent the last day re-organizing my movie collection to make the auto approve with moving pictures faster.
    Therefore I put every movie in a subfolder and renamed the folder and the file like this:

.../${movie.title} (${movie.year} [${imdb.id}]/${movie.title} (${movie.year} [${imdb.id}] {$movie.part}

I used this guide to automate the work.

Now I have a pretty clean filesystem but a problem with new incoming movies.

Is it possible with filebot to create a folder, rename the movie and put it into my movie-directory with the pattern I described above?

I checked several scripts but aether they don't have the option to add the imdb.id (which is important for me) or the automatic approve is not very good.

Optional it would be also awesome if it would put a backdrop+cover and a .nfo file into the directory (if I would like to test xbmc or something else)

rednoah

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2011
    Should all be possible but will require some scripting. The FileBot sample Groovy scripts should have all the snippets you need but you'll need to but the pieces together yourself. None of the shared scripts do that right now. When I'm back from my holiday I can help you with that.

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice that's ok. Just don't wanted to spend too much timeunderstanding the script language to find out that it will not work. I'll try to setup my server and create a small test script :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom