FilmInfo+ - A german movie details scraper with auto grouping (2 Viewers)

murks_muell

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
Ok, I'm currently trying to fix the ofdb-Part of this script. What I really need is a delay function or something that delays execution for some seconds. Is there anything like that?
Found it. The main problem still is that the called API often returns no summary at the first call (BUG) but if you wait some seconds it can deliver. This is what I'm trying to fix.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, I'm currently trying to fix the ofdb-Part of this script. What I really need is a delay function or something that delays execution for some seconds. Is there anything like that?
    Found it. The main problem still is that the called API often returns no summary at the first call (BUG) but if you wait some seconds it can deliver. This is what I'm trying to fix.

Modifying the <retrieve> node should do that. Set retries to 2 (default = 5), timeout to 15000 (15 seconds, default = 5000 / 5secs), and timeout_increment to 10000 (10 seconds, default is 2000/2s).

Or adjust to what you prefer.

If the ODFB server is slow then you definitely want to adjust those values, and running them manually in your browser and looking at network stats on timing helps, or use POSTMan tool.

murks_muell

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    I worked some hours last weekend and could improve this script so it would at least use all informations available over ofdbgw. Now geeksphere seems dead and I can't find any active gateway providing access anymore. I won't script a html scraper as this would take me weeks and just replicate what ofdbgw already achieved.
    Sad.

Last edited:

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I noticed that only the German age rating does not work. Would that be a lot of work to implement just that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom