Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hello,

First I would like to thank you for the IPTV feature. I've been waiting for it for a long time.
    But I'm having issues with coexistence of both analog tuner and iptv channels. I am not able to watch any of the analog channels since I've added IPTV.
    Does anybody else have such issues?

Thanks,
    jiih

Plase, run SetupTv.exe and look there, if you have both cards detected and you can find tuned channels for both. I have DVB-T hybrid card in my htpc so I will test it later today

I am currently testing ocassionally crashes of mediaportal while watching tv. It occurs in mediaportal core in teletext grabbing. And finally, I found out Microsoft MPEG-2 video and MPEG-1/DD audio filters as the best for watching iptv, no other filter can handle all my channels without issues and I tried many

jiih

Portal Member
    August 6, 2006
    Hi,

I have both cards detected, and all channels (from both tuner and IP) are displayed, however when I click on a channel and try to preview it i get error message:
    "Preview Failed: UnknownError" . The preview used to work without a problem.

Hojou

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Perhaps i'm slow, but i have NO idea how to edit that m3u playlist...

Basically, for every channel you create one item in playlist with channel name and elecard url for tuning to that channel. Elecard url has following format: elecard://multicast_group:port:i=interface,t=protocol_type

Do i ask my provider for the multicast_group IP and port for each channel? What is the interface? Is that the IP of that connection i get when i plugin the cable in my netcard? and protocol_type? Is that always m2t/udp?

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Perhaps i'm slow, but i have NO idea how to edit that m3u playlist...

Do i ask my provider for the multicast_group IP and port for each channel? What is the interface? Is that the IP of that connection i get when i plugin the cable in my netcard? and protocol_type? Is that always m2t/udp?

Yes, ask your provider. Interface is optional IP address of network interface where your iptv is connected. Type m2t/udp for mpeg2 transport stream over udp multicast. It is most used protocol for iptv.

Hi,

I have both cards detected, and all channels (from both tuner and IP) are displayed, however when I click on a channel and try to preview it i get error message:
    "Preview Failed: UnknownError" . The preview used to work without a problem.

Can you post your tv.log?

Hojou

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Cool thanks - since the interface is optional - if there is one, do i just leave the place after the = empty or do i remove the ",interface=xxx" part?

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Cool thanks - since the interface is optional - if there is one, do i just leave the place after the = empty or do i remove the ",interface=xxx" part?

even type is optional, so you can use elecard://group:port, or elecard://group:port:i=xxx:t=m2t/udp, or elecard://group:port:t=m2t/udp

dpavli

Portal Member
    August 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hello,

thanks for the solution for watching IPTV within MediaPortal.

However, I cannot complete the process of channel tuning in the TV Server configuration application. Although I have successfully installed and activated Elecard and the card itself can be seen by TV Server, the tuning process does not complete.

The problem is that when I start tuning the channels every one of them gets listed in red stating "nothing found". The first channel also shows no signal, but then when tuning the second one (and all the other ones) the signal bars are green. Nevertheless they still can't be tuned (no signal).

Any suggestions maybe?

Thank you,
    Denis Pavliha (Slovenia, EU)

PS:
    #EXTINF:0,51 - Discovery T & L
    elecard://239.1.1.56:5000:t=m2t/udp

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    The problem is that when I start tuning the channels every one of them gets listed in red stating "nothing found". The first channel also shows no signal, but then when tuning the second one (and all the other ones) the signal bars are green. Nevertheless they still can't be tuned (no signal).

Hello,

try your channels in VLC - are they working?

Post your tv.log and I will try to analyze the problem

dpavli

Portal Member
    August 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    The channels run smoothly in VLC.

Also if I run GraphEdit and open an elecard:// URL it loads fine and plays when I press "play".

Thank you
    D.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom