Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    IPTV for TV Server 1.0.1

I released IPTV patch for TVServer 1.0.1. You can download it from first post.

handya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok so wtf where am i sopost to put these files i have copyed them in to \team mediaportal\mediaportal tv server\ now what nothing is happing!!!!
    some beter instructions would be fantastic thanks

Smolder

Portal Member
    April 7, 2009
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ok so wtf where am i sopost to put these files i have copyed them in to \team mediaportal\mediaportal tv server\ now what nothing is happing!!!!

M8 this is from the INSTALL.TXT thats included in the zip file

1. copy all files to main TV Server directory

2. copy TvBusinessLayer.dll and TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll to main MediaPortal directory

Do not forget to backup old files!

ripk

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    interface parameter for elecard

Hi,

my provider assigns IP address by DHCP so it is not possible for me to use the fixed IP in the i=xxx parameter, and I have two network cards in my system. is it possible to specify the physical interface in the i= parameter, rather than the IP address?

thanks.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi,

my provider assigns IP address by DHCP so it is not possible for me to use the fixed IP in the i=xxx parameter, and I have two network cards in my system. is it possible to specify the physical interface in the i= parameter, rather than the IP address?

thanks.

my provider too but I am getting the same IP address every time. If you are getting different IPs, try to remove i=xxx parameter if it will work. If not, I don't think Elecard supports something like physical interfaces :( BTW, this is great idea for my own source filter to implement, I will look into that.

Something off-topic: Can you or other people make VLC player working with two network interfaces? I cannot play IPTV or receive SAP announcements because I cannot select network interface to work with. Can someone help me? I think it must be somewhere :D

ripk

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    my provider too but I am getting the same IP address every time. If you are getting different IPs, try to remove i=xxx parameter if it will work. If not, I don't think Elecard supports something like physical interfaces :( BTW, this is great idea for my own source filter to implement, I will look into that.

that would be just great! Currently, I have the following setup (and am unable to tune chanels in TV server setup):

two interfaces, one connected to the router/gw from my local network to the public net. this interface gets a private range IP via DHCP from the router. I have a complete control over the addressing so I could make the IP static.
    Second interface is connected to the source of the IPTV stream, DHCP assigned IP from a private pool too (but a different class IP), and I do not have the possibility to make the address static.

What I would like to do is have TV server tune from the IPTV stream and serve my local network on the second interface. I'm stuck with TV server configuration - unable to get a signal in the tuning process, but VLC works perfectly. I have tried to set u the TV server with my local network off, but VLC OK, TVServer not.

Something off-topic: Can you or other people make VLC player working with two network interfaces? I cannot play IPTV or receive SAP announcements because I cannot select network interface to work with. Can someone help me? I think it must be somewhere :D

I think you can do that with command line switches (and with the advanced interface) - have a look at this page:

Documentation:confused:treaming HowTo/Advanced Streaming Using the Command Line - VideoLAN Wiki

Smolder

Portal Member
    April 7, 2009
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hey mikeyko

You are not alone with your VLC problem I have the exact same problem I disable my IPTV Network lan card to test channels in VLC where they all play nice and I can pick from the menu Video\subtitlestrack and audio\audio track
    but im MP some channels play without sounds some are reported as scrambled and some just freezz up my system.
    if you have any suggestions to what i can do please help

Now about VLC i looked around and foundt "TransEditiptv" a fantastic program for looking at the ts sream...it also plays my channels witout problems and you can select interface to scan whole ip+ ports ranges for iptv channels

/Smolder

ashopedies

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hello,
    first i have to say thank you for your work!

now my problem: i always get the information "no signal" all the time on all channels. elecard trial version is installed. the playlist i have made. i hope i made it correct. for example:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0,Das Erste
    elecard://239.35.129.11:10000:i=192.168.2.3:t=rtp

is there any other working decoder then elecard that i can use?

sorry for my bad english.....

handya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

M8 this is from the INSTALL.TXT thats included in the zip file

1. copy all files to main TV Server directory

2. copy TvBusinessLayer.dll and TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll to main MediaPortal directory

Do not forget to backup old files!

yes i have done that still not showing up i have coppyed the files into the media protal directory on the compter that has the fornt end media portal, and on my server that is runing tv server but when you say all files is it all files in the bin folder or all files in the src folder or what, i must be stupid but these instructions are verry confusing!!!

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    yes i have done that still not showing up i have coppyed the files into the media protal directory on the compter that has the fornt end media portal, and on my server that is runing tv server but when you say all files is it all files in the bin folder or all files in the src folder or what, i must be stupid but these instructions are verry confusing!!!

Copy only files from bin folder. BTW, read first post of this thread for more information

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom