Finally working IP-TV solution for TV Server! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

birkenhead

Portal Member
March 31, 2009
sorry i'm new to the forum.

I'm a little confused! Can use this plugin for my dreambox 500? it as a static IP. If not is a working dreambox plugin i can use!

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi,

you ca use DVBSBridge for dreambox (google is your friend ;) ).
    One installed, it make a virtual DVB-T tuner and link it to your dream. Easy to setup, and full integrated in TVE3.

PS : DVBSBridge is not free, but you can test it for 30 days

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Hi,

you ca use DVBSBridge for dreambox (google is your friend ;) ).
    One installed, it make a virtual DVB-T tuner and link it to your dream. Easy to setup, and full integrated in TVE3.

PS : DVBSBridge is not free, but you can test it for 30 days

Hmm, isn't there new IPTV solution doing the exact same thing as this plugin? It looks like it is now only limited to 1 virtual device, but multiple devices is been working on at the moment. I read there install instructions and it even appears to be possible to stream the content of a xmltv file into the stream and therefor use the EPG grapper within mediaportal to grap the EPG from the channels. (correct me if i'm wrong)

I think it looks promising, I think I will try it out in the next couple of days.

jiih

Portal Member
    August 6, 2006
    Hi,

Would it be possible to get newer binaries for IPTV for the latest SVN version?
    SVN2 package doesn't seem to work with the latest SVN version.
    When can we expect IPTV to be a part of SVN code?

Thanks,
    jiih

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi,

Thanks,
    jiih

Hi,

we are four days away from 1.0.1, I will make 1.0.1 distribution after release. I hope I will release my own source filter within few days (I am testing it now) so IPTV will not depend on elecard and then it will be possible to add to svn. Currently, only raw UDP will be supported, RTP support will come later

jiih

Portal Member
    August 6, 2006
    Hi,

Thanks,
    jiih

Hi,

we are four days away from 1.0.1, I will make 1.0.1 distribution after release. I hope I will release my own source filter within few days (I am testing it now) so IPTV will not depend on elecard and then it will be possible to add to svn. Currently, only raw UDP will be supported, RTP support will come later

Hi,

Thanks for your effort mikeyko. This is really good news. I'm looking forward to new version of IPTV.

jiih

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    [QHi,

Excellent news! I can do some testing if you want (not during eastern, as I am away, but before and after). Hopefully its solid enough for 1.0.2 and will be in SVN after 1.0.1 :)

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Excellent news! I can do some testing if you want (not during eastern, as I am away, but before and after). Hopefully its solid enough for 1.0.2 and will be in SVN after 1.0.1 :)

Currently I am able to build graph and watch H264 and Mpeg2 TS, I need to implement support to TVServer and test it within TVServer. I am currently using 1.0RC4, so I will wait for 1.0.1 and release 1.0.1 iptv distribution with new source filter support.

BTW, Elecard will still be supported so if someone will want to use it, just register Elecard codec and will be used

Smolder

Portal Member
    April 7, 2009
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    mikeyko

If you can use a pc on a network with IPTV i can perhaps set you up with some remote acces
    for testing purpos and me learning ;)

Smolder

Portal Member
    April 7, 2009
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    mikeyko

Just to let you know your work is greatly appreciated
    Over the years I have used 5 perhaps 6 tuner cards and never
    got to be real friends with them, 4 month ago my isp called me
    and asked if I wanted to try ther IPTV for free for 1 year
    is said yes ofc ;) a few days after I got a Motorola VIP1510
    http://www.motorola.com/mot/doc/6/6343_MotDoc.pdf

Boy was disappointed why receive signals digitally send them out
    digitally and then turn them into a analog signal 20 cm for my tv.

Thats when I found IPTV for mediaportal it's not perfect yet
    but now I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel

So to summon it up thank you

/Smolder

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom