FireDTV-Random occurences of Channel Scrambled-using SVN with CAM time delay setting (1 Viewer)

lsandini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Kuopio
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Erosco,

Thanks for your extensive explanation. I was not aware of that rotation of keys and the standby/refresh issue.

I also see the same error when opening the CI tool, about getting MMI object, whatever that is. I wonder if posting this question on the FireDTV forums would help clarify this, out of curiosity if not else.

All in all I felt ncessary to answer this post because it seems I have found the culprit in my disfunctionning system, and it seems it was the CA module.

I had already ordered a different brand of DVB-C tuner, but I cancelled it now. I found a Technisat Conax module at the local supermarket, and thought that another cheap CAM can not be worse than the first cheap CAM. I had only one Conax module for my 2 tuners (FireDTV and FloppyDTV). To my big susprise, the "no video/audio detected" issue was resolved, and I get no more "couldn't start timeshifting, the channel is scrambled" anymore.

Here is the link to the working exact Technisat Technicrypt CX Conax module. ... and a picture:

0002-4536.1.jpg

I could not find a link or a picture of the LA digital conax module that doesn't work. The are some LA Digital digiboxes for sale in Finland (ON/OFF shops), but absolutely no link to any support website. This Conax module has the same logo on it, and it is recommended by Sony Europe for their TVs with built-in DVB-T tuners...

Lorenzo

me1

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also had somtimes problems with FloppyDTV + Technisat CAM (Cryptoworks) after S4.

But with the latest TVServer SVNs scambled channels did never work for me.
    I switched back to the SVN from 08/03/16 and it did work. May be there were some changes...

I hope in the RC1 will be the working version included.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    I also had somtimes problems with FloppyDTV + Technisat CAM (Cryptoworks) after S4.

But with the latest TVServer SVNs scambled channels did never work for me.
    I switched back to the SVN from 08/03/16 and it did work. May be there were some changes...

I hope in the RC1 will be the working version included.

That build was just before the changes on TV3 Filters.. Did you install VisualStudio c++ runtime sp1??

Iosu

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    I definately have sp1 installed iosub. Unfortunately I use an irdeto2 CAM so the Technisat is not an option for me.. I guess I can look around for a newer/later irdeto2 cam.

me1

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also have installed the SP1.
    The latest "big installer" version from 08/03/20 also works. Was there the new filter used?

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    I also have installed the SP1.
    The latest "big installer" version from 08/03/20 also works. Was there the new filter used?

First Filter change:

r18016 | diehard2 | 2008-03-16 19:21:26 +0100 (So, 16 Mrz 2008) | 1 line

Filter reorganization. The filters now build with the /MD compiler option and the calling convention has been standardized. As a side bonus, they now also compile and link successfully. Streaming server was relocated to the bin, and the TV installer was updated to reflect this. The compiled base classes have been removed. Besides giving errors for environments with the baseclasses in the path, it is unclear if this violates the baseclass license. Here's hoping this is painless...

So the answer is yes, Build 08/03/20 has the filter changes you need to apply VC++ 2005 runtime sp1 update

Iosu

me1

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    iosub, thanks for your help. I must be something different - i have installed the sp1 (even uninstalled and reinstalled). Does not work. In TV-Server preview i get "Preview failed: NoVideoAdioDetected".

With the older version it works.
    Any more ideas?

Craydk

Portal Member
    June 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i also have an floppy dvb-c card and also having some trouble.. whenever i try to tune into certain channels (channels i dont have right to watch) it locks the card and henceforth all channels (where a CAM is needed) apears as scrambled (both with preview in tv-server setup and inside MP). free to air are still available though.

if i fire up the provided firedtv viewer it seems to reset the CAM and i can again see all my scrambled channels in MP.
    It not a very big problem though but a small anoyance

link1896

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm also seeing this same problems with a Twinhan 1030a and a iredto2 cam running 2.26d to watch Austar

after a dozen attempts on random channels from different transponders I eventually get an unscrambled signal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom