First steps in skinning - Should I continue? (1 Viewer)

Continue with this layout?

• Definitely yes!

Votes: 36 94.7%
  • Yes, but with minor changes (please state in thread)

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Well, errr, this needs serious re-designing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! Please don't!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eightyf

Portal Member
May 14, 2007
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
No pre-pics for basic home screen?
No, so far not. I first have to figure out, how to access the basic home screen properly. The other previz-shots were made with how to realize them in mind (at least, what I think is possible) ;-)
At the moment, I have almost finished the myhome.xml, but I noticed some strange behaviour: The screen size is 1280x720, but when I put an object(image, label) at x=640 it should be in the middle, right? On my computer screen (no TV out) it's like 2 thirds to the right of the screen... Any idea?
Anyway, I'll keep trying.
André

eightyf

Portal Member
May 14, 2007
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
Your X, Y placement label is where the top left corner of your image will be. This is a common practices in image placement for programs.
Hmmm, looks like I didn't make myself very clear. Doesn't matter, though. The problem was, that I wanted to make a 1280x720 skin, but I must have forgotten to change the resolution from 1366x768 somewhere - even though, there is hardly a XML-page left, that I didn't check ;-)
Well, Problem solved, I know switched to a 1366x768 layout by rescaling my graphics in Photoshop.
Thank you
André

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom