Fix for imon VFDs! (this is a solution) (1 Viewer)

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
yes, to use standard play/stop etc buttons in MP you need to enable one of the built in plugins, something about a genral HID keyboard or something allong those lines.

animale81

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2007
    Thanks.... i activated the general HID but nothing .... when i press a STOP doesn't work. Just to explain you in other software (windows media player , itunes , etc...) it works. It seems that imon doesn't understand that mediaportal is active. I work with cyberdisplay plugin active.... and it works fine, but not the input....

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I didn't think you would get any input from the remote in mediaportal (stop, arrows or anything else) when the cyberdisplay plugin is active (and set to iMON), that is the whole point of this thread, and attempt to make it work. if you have the remote doing anything at all usefull in mediaportal with the cyberdisplay pluging running and setup to run the iMON display I am very surprised AFAIK that doesn't work. I tried to workaround it, but my solution is not all that reliable.

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    explain #2 in more detail, can you never ever go into S3 sleep, or does it just not work with remote control or what?

Correct - I can never get into sleep mode. If I shutdown, no matter what method I use (keyboard or remote, from inside MP or via Vista start button) the PC appears to shut down but then immediately reboots back up.

so what happens if you close both mp2imon and the vspe programs does S3 sleep then work?

I looked into this sleep mode problem and found a solution: Slick Solutions - MCE Standby Tool (MST). By tinkering I had noticed the problem was caused only by my wireless keyboard (when unplugged, sleep mode works fine). The MST tool allows you to select which devices should allow the wakeup. With my HID keyboard and mouse disabled (see devices tab in the MST tool), S3 resume now works fine. I can resume using the Harmony remote. Rather than using the MST tool, I could probably have achieved the same effect by disabling the keyboard from Control Panel > Device manager > Keyboard > Right click Properties > power managment > uncheck allow device to wake from sleep.

Back to the original question, I think I've given up getting anything more useful out of the display.

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I looked into this sleep mode problem and found a solution: Slick Solutions - MCE Standby Tool (MST). By tinkering I had noticed the problem was caused only by my wireless keyboard (when unplugged, sleep mode works fine). The MST tool allows you to select which devices should allow the wakeup. With my HID keyboard and mouse disabled (see devices tab in the MST tool), S3 resume now works fine. I can resume using the Harmony remote. Rather than using the MST tool, I could probably have achieved the same effect by disabling the keyboard from Control Panel > Device manager > Keyboard > Right click Properties > power managment > uncheck allow device to wake from sleep.

Back to the original question, I think I've given up getting anything more useful out of the display.

I've noticed now that although I can wake the PC and the remote works fine, the keyboard does not. This is fine most of the time, but it is annoying if anything goes wrong or if I want to tinker with the system. I have to manually reboot the system (i.e. close down and restart, not wake from sleep) to get the keyboard working again.

I had assumed that the keyboard would still work but it doesn't. Is there anything I can do to 're-boot' the keyboard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom