Fix for imon VFDs! (this is a solution) (1 Viewer)

oc-lord

Portal Member
September 29, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
chemelli: the what what in the what what now?

also i tested imon with girder (found the plugin, girder responded for a while but it's like imon is "learning the ways how i want to override it, and disables them.:mad:)

so as you suggested it doesn't work either. so when i press set girder to learn, im asked to press a button to learn the remote. i managed to get it twice, but when i want to map the buttons, it stops responding. the volume and power button work in girder because i can see a bar when i press the volume. even without mapping any keys.

i retried some ways and the only thing to do toning is putting back the ghost image of the disk from last night.
i have still some hope that it will work. we will see in a while

@ chemelli: the what what in the what what now?

also i tested imon with girder (found the plugin, girder responded for a while but it's like imon is "learning the ways how i want to override it, and disables them.:mad:)

so as you suggested it doesn't work either. so when i press set girder to learn, im asked to press a button to learn the remote. i managed to get it twice, but when i want to map the buttons, it stops responding. the volume and power button work in girder because i can see a bar when i press the volume. even without mapping any keys.

i retried some ways and the only thing to do toning is putting back the ghost image of the disk from last night.
i have still some hope that it will work. we will see in a while[/QUOTE]

oc-lord

Portal Member
September 29, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
found it.

perhaps i disable the plugin for now and wait for further development. for now it will only be remote.

also it is nice to see that an open source software is capable of getting coorporation from hardware manufacturers.

i will keep playing with the settings, and check out ir suite server from time to time while waiting for good news

:D

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
@chemelli: the what what in the what what now?

Go to our home page, in the middle top you have two blogs ( team blogs and dev blogs ). Read the last entry ;)

Simone

The IR Suite Server has support for iMON receivers, in both MCE and iMON PAD mode.
But, and you all know there is a but, this configuration highly depends on the combination of MCE clone and inbuilt firmware you are using!

I have found any that had a succesfull run. :rolleyes: Or am I wrong.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    this is good news, however according to girder the soundgraph developers didn't give girder the source code for their plugin which made it very difficult to bug fix, hopefully soundgraph wont be as secretive with MP developers.

Cheers. I just tried your solution, Great straight forward instructions and is seems to be working. (Silverstone LC16-M with iMON inside running XP SP3 + iMon version 7.2). I was having trouble where the remote control intermittently didn't work when the minidisplay plugin was active. Your app seems to have elimated this problem.

Just something i have noticed that you may want to add to instructions

1. Set imon imanger -> imon utilities -> frontview -> run frontview when imon starts = always
    2. Baud rate = a bit higher than lowest - otherwise vfd will stop working when you run equaliser mode
    3. Under minidisplay plugin -> advanced settings -> Limited equaliser update display rate = 10 per secound (higher numbers caused crashing)

EDIT: Actually made mistake, frontview is set to always with plugin mode. Also my setup is now working with S3 sleep. I made a .exe file that loads the virtual port then delays for 2 sec then loads mp2imon then loads mediaportal, so everything is now setup automatically.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I have some good news on my front too, I got mp2imon to connect using the current SG_VFD.dll. Ithink this means I should be able to make it connect to all firmwares! as soon as I finish this post I will update the attachment on the first post to the version working on my hardware using the latest DLL (and the old DLL still works too). acn I get people to try it on the non previously working hardware and if it still doesn't work I would like to get some info from your machiene:
    download the attachent from this post, temporeroly replace your imon files and send me the results (see th readme file included). ther is one number I need and I don't know if it varies or if the number for me works everywhere.

Attachments

• SpyDLL.zip
      30.6 KB

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @chemelli: the what what in the what what now?

Go to our home page, in the middle top you have two blogs ( team blogs and dev blogs ). Read the last entry ;)

Simone

The IR Suite Server has support for iMON receivers, in both MCE and iMON PAD mode.
    But, and you all know there is a but, this configuration highly depends on the combination of MCE clone and inbuilt firmware you are using!

I have found any that had a succesfull run. :rolleyes: Or am I wrong.

Yup you are wrong. VFD with 0x80 firmware works fine with both MiniDisplay and IRSS enabled here :p

Simone

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just wanted to add that it is now working with S3 sleep and your app has sold my intermittent remote control doesn't work problems that occured when using minidisplay plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom