[Rejected] Fix for streaming discontinuity errors (1 Viewer)

gunck4

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Yeh ive had a quick look. From a glance it looks like streaming server is actually being used. Did you have a client running at the same time?

Hi,

It is possible that it is 4therecord that changes the behavior. There is a possibility, in the config of 4therecord, to not use the RTSP-stream on a single seat installation. I try that and report back if I got rid of the problem.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I get these symptoms on a single-seat installation. I'm wondering if it is related to timeshifting file rotation. Skipping back 15 seconds always solves the problem, however it is *really* annoying! I'll try to grab logs if it happens but it seems to only happen infrequently...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...And it happened - how convenient! Logs are attached. Check out TSReader...

Attachments

• MP.zip
      85.5 KB
    • TV Server.zip
      107.8 KB

gunck4

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yeh ive had a quick look. From a glance it looks like streaming server is actually being used. Did you have a client running at the same time?

Hi,

It is possible that it is 4therecord that changes the behavior. There is a possibility, in the config of 4therecord, to not use the RTSP-stream on a single seat installation. I try that and report back if I got rid of the problem.

It seems like I got rid of the problem in my single seat configuration. Are all users streaming to client installations really suffering from this issue? Strange that there has not been more discussion about this problem in that case..:eek:

mguebert

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I tried the fix and it has seemingly fixed live tv on my server / standalone client setup. However playing back recorded tv still produces massive stuttering at times, tsreader logs show the same discontinuity errors. Recorded TV playback is not using the streaming server, is there any way to correct this problem?

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have freezes for about 3-4 secs sometimes, on multi seat. Usually 30-40 mins between them. I've kept an eye and tested the mod streamingserver.dll in tjis thread but to no help. Haven't had the time to look into it more closely but will in a few days with logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom