[Rejected] Fix for streaming discontinuity errors (2 Viewers)

sukceso

Portal Pro
November 6, 2008
Herrenberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Does this fix also apply to single-seat installations (all on one PC) or only when client and server are on separate machines?

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does this fix also apply to single-seat installations (all on one PC) or only when client and server are on separate machines?

Yes it should help on single seat setups as well if you are seeing the issue.

gonzo21

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    05-10-2010 21:39:38.765 RecorderPid ff , No PayLoad, Continuity Counter should be the same ! 9 ( prev 0 )
    05-10-2010 21:39:51.812 RecorderPid ff , No PayLoad, Continuity Counter should be the same ! 3 ( prev 8 )
    05-10-2010 21:39:56.468 RecorderPid 103 : Discontinuity header bit set!
    05-10-2010 21:39:56.468 RecorderPid 103 , No PayLoad, Continuity Counter should be the same ! a ( prev 6 )
    05-10-2010 21:40:02.828 RecorderPid 103 , No PayLoad, Continuity Counter should be the same ! 8 ( prev 9

Gonzo you have a lot of these errors in tswriter. Ive only ever seen them caused by a bad signal. It might be a good idea to get your dish checked out

What signal strength/quality values do you get?

When tuning in a HD channel within tv server configuration, I get 59% signal level and about 77-79% signal quality.
    When tuning any other SD channel I get 59-63% signal level and 99% signal quality.

I think those values are quiet ok, right? But those are values for today, where everything works fine. Aren't the values from yesterday printed in any log? And, btw, is there a way to display the signal level and quality directly during llive tv in mediaportal?

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

Only for multiseat.
    Single seat installation does not use streaming server.

gonzo21

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    again I was able to reproduce this issue. I grabbed the logs with the debug mode (attached) and checked signal quality and levels, the same good values as written above. So, I don`t think its related to the signal levels .. after zapping around a little, the issue went away .. any ideas?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Guys, this is not a help thread!!!

Only feedback on the specific issue and tech discussion about the code of the patch, nothing else.

:D

Simone

gunck4

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Only for multiseat.

Yes it should help on single seat setups as well if you are seeing the issue.

So is it affecting single-seat installations or not? :) I'm having huge similar problems, described in the original message, with my single-seat installation and I applied the fix yesterday. I didn't experience as much problems any more after that but it might have been temporary...:confused:

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    And, btw, is there a way to display the signal level and quality directly during llive tv in mediaportal?

While watching channel goto info menu. One of the items shows channel info including signal level and quality.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Only for multiseat.

Romuz does tsreader read the buffer files directly when MP client is running on the same machine? Sorry I assumed streaming server was always used. StreamingServer.log always seems to note a stream being created even when a channel is tuned locally.

If tsreader is used locally its possible there might be a similar bug in there as well

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Romuz does tsreader read the buffer files directly when MP client is running on the same machine? Sorry I assumed streaming server was always used. StreamingServer.log always seems to note a stream being created even when a channel is tuned locally.

If tsreader is used locally its possible there might be a similar bug in there as well

Streaming server always create the stream because server can handle local and remote clients same time, but ts reader directly read ts files if client on the same machine with tv server.
    PS I havnt seen similar bug on single seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom