[Rejected] Fix for streaming discontinuity errors (1 Viewer)

sukceso

Portal Pro
November 6, 2008
Herrenberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Streaming server always create the straem because server can handle local and remote cliens same time, but ts reader directly read ts files if client on the same machine with tv server.

So that means that a similar fix needs to be made also in TsReader?
I'm having problems that exactly seem to match what is described here, but on a single-seat system.

gunck4

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Streaming server always create the straem because server can handle local and remote cliens same time, but ts reader directly read ts files if client on the same machine with tv server.

I'm having problems that exactly seem to match what is described here, but on a single-seat system.

Now we are talking! I have already replaced my PSU, GPU, OS, HD and motherboard because of this issue and I'm still suffering from the same problem. Soon my wife replaces me too because MP is keeping me busy all the time.. :)

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I used to have exactly the same problem on the master PC with tvservice and client installed. I tried for hours to get to the bottom of it, reinstalling MP with different plugins, skins etc. Then all of a sudden the problem weirdly went away and hasnt come back on the master PC, but has always existed on the clients until this patch.

sukceso if you have time would you be able to replicate the problem for single seat and post all your log files (tvservice and MP client)?

EDIT: gunck4 would you mind doing the same?

thanks

gunck4

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

I used to have exactly the same problem on the master PC with tvservice and client installed. I tried for hours to get to the bottom of it, reinstalling MP with different plugins, skins etc. Then all of a sudden the problem weirdly went away and hasnt come back on the master PC, but has always existed on the clients until this patch.

sukceso if you have time would you be able to replicate the problem for single seat and post all your log files (tvservice and MP client)?

thanks

I'll do that when I run into this problem again next time. I don't know if it is a placebo effect or what but I got rid of the most of the issues using the patch discussed in this thread. Really strange keeping in mind that is shouldn't affect single-seat installations..:confused:

gunck4

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

thanks

I'll do that when I run into this problem again next time. I don't know if it is a placebo effect or what but I got rid of the most of the issues using the patch discussed in this thread. Really strange keeping in mind that is shouldn't affect single-seat installations..:confused:

Ok, here comes the logs...

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yeh ive had a quick look. From a glance it looks like streaming server is actually being used. Did you have a client running at the same time? I will have a more detailed look tomorrow.

I'm not sure of the reason why if streaming server is being used locally. It could be a bug in MP or a recent change that romuz was'nt aware of. Have you noticed a definate improvement since using this patch? This would certainly explain why the problem suddenly vanished when I had the problem locally.

gunck4

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yeh ive had a quick look. From a glance it looks like streaming server is actually being used. Did you have a client running at the same time? I will have a more detailed look tomorrow.

I'm not sure of the reason why if streaming server is being used locally. It could be a bug in MP or a recent change that romuz was'nt aware of. Have you noticed a definate improvement since using this patch? This would certainly explain why the problem suddenly vanished when I had the problem locally.

First I noticed some improvement but I have still encountered the issue every now and then. Can you see from the logs if I'm suffering from the same problem as you in the fist place?

EDIT: miroslav22: Have you had time to look into my log files? This problem drives me nuts. :)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok Miroslav, I've tried your path.

I have 1 MP Server (also used as client) and 1 laptop that I use as client.
    The laptop is connected via wireless.

Before I had a lot (and i mean A LOT) of digital artifacts and it was not possible to see decent TV.
    I tried your path and it works SUPERB.

Thanks for your hard work.
    As far as I am concerned this should be in 1.2 asap.

T-Buster

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    LDK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello

i only want to say that i use your fix for more then two Weeks now without any sitefects, and the glitches are nearly gone.

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom