[Approved] Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv (2 Viewers)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv

Hey,

I'm trying a custom version of this patch (mm1352000 combined it with our little terratec project =) ) and it's working fine since two days^^ It seems as there are now less artifacts during live Tv ;) I didn't explicitly tested this patch, but also didn't noticed any problems ;)

P.S.
    I'm using a single seat setup =)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Using your V3 patch on latest SVN gives me an "unable to create graph". When I add the patch (the one against 27238) there are no conflicts, and it compiles ok. But testing the channels with the tool in TV-Server Configuration fail.

Can you compile a newer version? It worked so well on SVN 27237, but I want all the other goodies from never SVN's ;)

:D:D:D

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

i changed my complete Setup to 1.1.2 Final and patched it with your Version V3.
    The zapping Time is now under 1 Second, no A/V Delay, everything is good, but sometimes when i change a Channel, MePo freezes, i see nothing, all is black, the Logs are clear till this Moment and nothing is written in the Logs after that. Only a Hard-Reset helps out of that. Even on the WHS, the WHS freezes too, nothing is shwon in the Logs. It all ends with no errors...

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Does anybody having also the problem with V3 that from time to time the picture stops and then starts to look like fast forward until it is again at the actual position?

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    Wow this actually works! I had just about given up. It does seem to have introduced some "micro stuttering", which is especially noticable on sports. Could just be because i just overwrote the existing files in my svn 27320 installation. But it sure beats the entire picture+audio going to hell now and then. Hope this finds its way to the official/svn releases soon :D

Thanks a bunch!

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2 weeks after my first tests I still didn't notice a single issue on daily usage (single seat). Unfortunately the fix didn't solve my stuttering problems completely, but I think there is at least a slight improvement. I'd vote for adding this as I could not see negative side effects...

madvario

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Northern Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Fix for stuttering/corrupted streaming of live tv

Maschine
    2 weeks after my first tests I still didn't notice a single issue on daily usage (single seat). Unfortunately the fix didn't solve my stuttering problems completely, but I think there is at least a slight improvement. I'd vote for adding this as I could not see negative side effects...

maybe your codecs are not the right ones. In the codec package SAF is included the power dvd 10. Try this one. in my case all works fine.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

miroslav22
    EDIT:
    Here are some more details - using V4 at the moment.

Everytime the timeshift file is changing i get clock jumps on tvserver:
    Code:
    27-01-2011 19:08:44.980 MultiFileWriter::Write() - 16774160 bytes from end of current ts file, preparing next one
    27-01-2011 19:08:44.981 MultiFileWriter::PrepareNextTsFile() - Preparing next TS buffer file
    27-01-2011 19:08:45.77 Recorder: RECORD Info : Program clock reference forward jump ( 53413 ).
    27-01-2011 19:08:45.77 Recorder: TIMESHIFT Info : Program clock reference forward jump ( 53413 ).
    27-01-2011 19:08:57.802 MultiFileWriter::SwitchToNextTSBufferFile() - Switching to next TS file

THIS always ONLY happens, when the File changes.
    On clientside i then see:
    Code:
    27-01-2011 19:10:14.695 [1314]Video Continuity error... 4 ( prev 0 )
    27-01-2011 19:10:14.747 [1314]Audio Continuity error... f ( prev d )

but only on timeshiftfilechange - i can't believe the stream is corrupt everytime the file changes... could it be that the last buffer does not fit into the last buffer file and then get's splittedto both files or somehing like that?

EDIT2:
    when i watch my timeshift disk (it doesn't do anything else) (through ressource monitor) i can see that the timeshift buffer file isn't written constantly there are strange "write" stops / pauses.

LowlandsFreak

Portal Member
    January 11, 2011
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The patch works okay for me, I don't have stuttering anymore. The only thing is that changing from HD to non HD the picture freezes sometimes. But turning the tv off and on helps overcome that.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I've uncommented the Line in FileReader
    LogDebug("FileReader::OpenFile() handle %i %ws", m_hFile, pFileName );
    when then the2nd, 3rd, 4th file gets created you'll see heavy jumping between them:
    27-01-2011 19:43:47.125 [f24]FileReader::OpenFile() handle 1724 \\192.168.178.100\mmt\Timeshift\live13-1.ts.tsbuffer4.ts
    27-01-2011 19:43:48.281 [f24]FileReader::OpenFile() handle 1724 \\192.168.178.100\mmt\Timeshift\live13-1.ts.tsbuffer1.ts
    the log is completely full of it so tsreader jumps all the time between two files - is this correct?

Do you know how MP preallocates the file in the tswriter? Haven't found the code - does it make use of FSCTL_SET_SPARSE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom