[Approved] Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber" (1 Viewer)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    re: Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber"

Ok, this is enough for yesterday :). I cleaned up some bugs (genres) and now I'm satisfied with result.
    From 110 movies on my test, it founds 108. For 2 I just need to find right one from displayed result.

Some problems was with movies which doesn't exists in real (aka my cartoon compilations), some results was found on IMDB and MP just gave them nearest match (Nearest match settings in MP checked) movie name but that's is not a problem with a script.

Now just that AKA thingie and Cover search (some covers results are just funny).

BalduinB

Portal Member
    July 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Now it throws an exception when searching from within Mediaportal Configuration.
    When I try the "lookup" button from the Edit-Page it returns: No movie info found.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Last ZIP is with AKA.

Please Test. Thx

BalduinB

Portal Member
    July 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Now I'm getting only the "exact matches" again, popular titles are missing.

P.S.: I haven't stopped trying. I'm still trying to fix the script, too. Still with AKA.

-------------------------------------------

The new one doesn't hit me either.
    I tried "Alice in Wonderland", "Shrek" and "Avatar". Shrek is the only one that works fine. The other two have many matches, but the one I want (the popular one) is missing.

Now go, get some sleep, Deda ;)
    I'll try that too, while scratching my head, while thinking why this doesn't work ... *snore*

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Last one works but without Year.

This one is I think is final and with AKA :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

hi Deda

checking this one out now.

Update

Picture 1 shows files not auto approved

sshot-30.jpg

second just shows film is found and first choice, checked quite a few and they were correct, but I thought would leave film list in case you wanted to create dummy naming

sshot-29.jpg

So just need to increase the auto approval tuning some how

:D

BalduinB

Portal Member
    July 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

"just" :D

Hey Thanx Deda. Looks like some hard work. The script has grown by 10000 byte, not bad!

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Well, that's something which I think can't help.

Lets say that Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

If you type in IMDB Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban then you will not get to movie page but results page.

If you type Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) then you will go directly to movie page.

I tested the script and script is ok, so as I see your film name is exactly Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004).mkv then I think problem is in MP, maybe MP strips year so movie name goes to script without year.

"just" :D

Hey Thanx Deda. Looks like some hard work. The script has grown by 10000 byte, not bad!

:), well I left out (almost) all old code just in case. I can clean up all trash if test goes well.

The only problem left is how many results to display.

First it takes Popular Matches, then if found Exact Matches display them all, if none of them is found then choice is Partial and Approx matches (and that's a huge list) then it try to go directly to Movie page if right title is searched. (I just saw minor flaw - to display Approx instead Partial which is more accurate but that's irrelevant now - I will fix that).

So I'm in doubt about result matches :) because I don't like to scroll :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I tested the script and script is ok, so as I see your film name is exactly Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004).mkv then I think problem is in MP, maybe MP strips year so movie name goes to script without year.

That's a interesting thought, cannot think why it would be done though as earlier version without the AKA seems to work.

We use the word "JUST" a lot round here, stops people being scared :D

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

I think it's impossible to narrow down "Nearest match" without messing up MP code.

You can test those two little applications. One is With AKA and one without.

The problem in "Nearest match" is when 2 or more results contains same name so MP can't decide which is right 'cause many of AKA results for one movie contains original movie name, and if AKA is removed from script then it's not IMDB_WITH_AKA :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom