[Approved] Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber" (3 Viewers)

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    re: Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber"

Thanks to both of you guys for working on this script. It's been bugging the hell out of me for months. Cheers for testing Ray.
    Running my 23 dummy movies through it now :D

-----------------------------------------------------

Edit: Only problems I had were;

Six films not matching on the first go, but the list to choose from contained the correct one - no real problem in my opinion.

The wrong poster was chosen for:

Iron Man -> Iron Man 2
    Shrek -> Shrek Forever
    X-Men -> X-Men 3

I don't have the years in my filenames...

ABOSOLUTELY BRILLIANT LADS :D

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Yes I know for the covers, but that is also internal part of Media Portal as is movie matching routine.

I know where cover search code is, maybe i will see about that :)

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country

If you're looking at the cover code, just thought I'd let you know the first three serch results (or images in the MP IMDB GUI) never show up for me ;)

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

orginal scan came at 92 missed/out of 447
    the new script came 22/447

only a couple came back as not on the list rest were able to be selected to the correct one.

as for the covers...some hit and miss but major improvments (including getting info about the movies were great)
    I had folders of movie title with year

huge thanks :D

Vff

screen shots on title that was missed (i might have a few with the wrong year)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

Hi PR

Glad your taking a interest, now can we have some other Countries test this please, especially ANYTHING that would be consider as the AKA part (Also Known As for anyone who does not know)

Chances are, we are so far along testing RC2 that this may not make it, but I think it definitely will be the default for RC3, so help us to get this right, this may also reflect back in MovingPictures, which we know a lot of you use, if it is a MP problem, lets get testing and prove it, there is only so much Deda can do with limited information :(

More feedback guy's

:D

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

only a couple came back as not on the list rest were able to be selected to the correct one.

Can you give me one sample from those which you can't find from the non-matched list (your file name and related Movie name on IMDB)

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Can you give me one sample from those which you can't find from the non-matched list (your file name and related Movie name on IMDB)

off my head I was think it was desert heat (Inferno) with Van Damn and the other I think it was IT (that freaky looking clown that still gives me nightmare !!).. I could check later tonight.

Vff

was able to create a short test...

Murder 101 (1991) No IMDB Found
    IT (1990) not on list
    Dungeons & Dragons (2000) not on list
    Journey to the Center of the Earth (1999) not on list
    Inferno (1991) not on list
    Mysterious Island (2005) not on list

All movies listed are able to be located via IMDB search

DBeck

Portal Member
    October 2, 2007
    Home Country
    England England

43 missed/out of 346

I've made a batch file that will duplicate the 43 missed files as empty dummy avi's & one mkv
    just drop the batch file Make_dummy_movie_files.bat into the folder you want it to create the files.

I think some of the files missed in the scan are down to bad naming on my part.
    I've noticed movie files with words in 'like below' don't seem to pick up, I don't think its the script but in Mediaportal its self
    BDRip
    TC
    R5
    R5-LINE
    R5 LINE
    If I rename the file from BDRip to DVDRip it works, example below
    Whip It (2009) BDRip XviD-iMBT AC3 6ch.avi "NOT WORKING"
    Whip It (2009) DVDRip XviD-iMBT AC3 6ch.avi "WORKING"

Attachments

• Make_dummy_movie_files.zip
      30.7 KB

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

I will fix that today, just needed examples as you provide. THX.

43 missed/out of 346

I've made a batch file that will duplicate the 43 missed files as empty dummy avi's & one mkv
    just drop the batch file Make_dummy_movie_files.bat into the folder you want it to create the files.

I think some of the files missed in the scan are down to bad naming on my part.
    I've noticed movie files with words in 'like below' don't seem to pick up, I don't think its the script but in Mediaportal its self
    BDRip
    TC
    R5
    R5-LINE
    R5 LINE

As I see IMDB doesn't like titles like that :) It works with "Whip It DVDRip (BDrip)". Ican create txt cleaner for extension like ac3 6ch dvdrip bdrip but if you like collection than it's better to have movies named like "Whip It (2009)" it's cleaner and nicer :)

off my head I was think it was desert heat (Inferno) with Van Damn and the other I think it was IT (that freaky looking clown that still gives me nightmare !!).. I could check later tonight.

Vff

was able to create a short test...

Murder 101 (1991) No IMDB Found
    IT (1990) not on list
    Dungeons & Dragons (2000) not on list
    Journey to the Center of the Earth (1999) not on list
    Inferno (1991) not on list
    Mysterious Island (2005) not on list

All movies listed are able to be located via IMDB search

Murder 101 (1991) is TV on IMDB title so it's automatically excluded from search result,

IT (1990) - the same problem,

Dungeons & Dragons (2000) should be on the list (EDIT: but you're right it's not and i know why - some little logic concerning matches Group in script is wrong, I will fix that ASAP, but just for your information, title "Dungeons & Dragons (2000)" comes to script like: dungeons+dragons, so "&" is removed and "(2000)" also, so everything in parenthesis is removed by MPortal before script),

Journey to the Center of the Earth (1999) - has TV extension like first two movies,

Inferno (1991) - there is so many results with that name on IMDB that I'm not sure which is right one :), I couldn't find any with (1991), but many contains TV extension,

Mysterious Island (2005) - contain TV extension

So the main problem with your list is that "TV" on IMDB, if you like I can include those titles in search but that will bring many more results so automatching maybe will be less aucurate.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

BDRip
    TC
    R5
    R5-LINE
    R5 LINE

I really really would remove the end bits, just in case the old bill comes a knocking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom