[Approved] Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber" (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    re: Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber"

That's why I think we may need both, are these the same as I have already tested, if not will run them in the next 24hrs.

Maybe one could be listed as imdb_En_defaultnaming

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

thanks for looking into this

I too was getting about 60/800 movies not found.

from these post, Im trying to understand is that we should try add these 2 scripts in our database?

Vff

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

If you wish to test and see which gives better results, just copy the

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database Video.db3

and

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Videos

to a safe place so you can just copy them back, now put the scripts into

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\scripts\MovieInfo

and go to MP configvideos\database in the settings section you will now get the new AKA version, so can scan with that and see how many files are found, this will need the DB reset button to be used before scan, how many files are unapproved but correct.

Then remove the AKA script and put the other one in place (under settings), reset db and see how many are then unapproved

The only difference I found was the auto approve rate was far higher with the English script, the overall performance was very good for both, and of course the original missing parts of the scrap are fixed.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

OK, I narrow down some bugs and now it's little bit more accurate (previous script took all matches regardless of skipping TV, TV Series or Video Games - that RegEx thing killings me which is in this script critical for findings) (and all 6 harries matches works without glitch :) ).

I tested on my 110 movie test movie base, 8 of them was not matched (more same titles in AKAs), 3 was wrongly matched (movie name was not accurate IE Cartoon my file is Tarzan 2 on IMDB is Tarzan II so MP took Tarzan as match).

I think this is final concerning parsing through HTML text, now only is a question what to cut off from results:
    imdbOptions.Contains("(TV)") |
    imdbOptions.Contains("(TV series)") |
    imdbOptions.Contains("(VG)") |
    imdbOptions.Contains("(promotional title)") |
    imdbOptions.Contains("(working title)") |
    imdbOptions.Contains("(poster title)") |
    imdbOptions.Contains("(promotional abbreviation)") |
    imdbOptions.Contains("(short title)") |
    imdbOptions.Contains("(video title)") |
    imdbOptions.Contains("(original script title)") |
    imdbOptions.Contains("(video box title)") |
    imdbOptions.Contains("(new title)") |
    imdbOptions.Contains("(DVD box title)")

In my opinion all or almost all can be removed from Original Title, but AKA thing is little bit tricky because many of AKAs contains those extensions and someone whose interested in AKAs will be angry :).

I can create Script without AKA for more accuracy but that script must be selected from the script list if you want to use it.

Now waiting for test results from you :) to finish this because it's killing me (C# is not my teritorry :) )

After I will clean the code and comment relevant stuff.

//8.4.2010 Update
    Fixed minor glitches in Plot, added comments, cleaned up from trash code .

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

Will test in afternoon, meeting this morning requires my attention.

Anyone else care to help out testing Deda's work, feel free :)

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I'll too be testing after work today (so it'll be good to have another feedback)

Vff

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

The Enforcer (1976/I) with the /I and the other one that is supect is "Dr Strange (2007) (V)" were movie was released straight to video my file names do not contain the extra detail, purely name\year, these two chose wrong movie, but that I suspect is imdb having "The Enforcer (1976)" and "Dr Strange (2012)" in their db as well, which your script chose as being nearest match.

Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) gave "Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer - Norway", now its a long time since I have watched a Norwegian movie and this is a family forum so enough said ;)

So altogether 100% approval on 118 films, 3 wrong\right, think you have done a excellent job, big pat on back from me :D

Now can some other people please test, what we need is how many failures on original imdb_with_AKA script used, against new version in Deda's post no. 34

Thanks to Deda and every one who helps test this out, justs makes MP better.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

It's the default one as in picture, once you have results of that scan, you need to close MP config, copy the new script to were the old one is, and then re-open config, clear database and rescan.

sshot-32.jpg

Vista\Win7 = C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\scripts\MovieInfo

XP = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Appdata\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\scripts\Movieinfo

You do not have to change grabber, overwritting original script has done that.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

The Enforcer (1976/I) with the /I and the other one that is supect is "Dr Strange (2007) (V)" were movie was released straight to video my file names do not contain the extra detail, purely name\year, these two chose wrong movie, but that I suspect is imdb having "The Enforcer (1976)" and "Dr Strange (2012)" in their db as well, which your script chose as being nearest match.

It would be nice that script can choose nearest match but that's something which is behind MP code (if some developer can point me where is the code responsible for that I can look into it) , MP creates temporary object from the script and use this object for fetching movies from IMDB and after that it's MP's job to decide which movie from the fetched list is right one.

I'm satisfied with results because script does for what is it for, it grab the movies from IMDB from Popular and Exact matches and it doin' it very well. Problem after is to guess which movie is the one you are lookin' for.

Just think, you're on the IMDB web page, search movie, you will get the list (because today there is so many movies with same name that is impossible to guess right one), and after you just click the link ffrom the list (easy as can be, but still decision is yours). For us humans is easy to do that but for computer, still today, is really hard (or currently impossible) to think as we :) ( and we have eyes, computer is blind one :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom