[Approved] Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber" (1 Viewer)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    re: Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber"

Ok, here is the last version of script. Changes is in cover finding.

Now script will take default Movie Cover from IMDB, if there is no cover then MP will take cover from IMPAwards.

//Extra for fun but it's not necessary to do for default cover
    I also changed some things in IMPAwards cover search (on Coverart search tab in configuration of Video Database) but beware this is experimental thing and you should backup original "Configuration.exe" and "Core.dll" in Media Portal program folder and copy those two files from Configuration.zip there.
    They are for MP 1.1.0 RC2.

//Update 30.4.2010 @ 22.10
    New Configuration (Configuration.rar) cover art search now includes pictures from IMDB (first on the list) and IMPAwards.
    Remember to backup your original Core.dll and Configuration.exe just in case.

ToDo:
    Include IMDB covers in MP Gui.

Enjoy.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Ok I made it with GUI IMDB Cover Search.

New file is WindowPlugins.dll and it should go to MP Program folder \Plugins\Windows.
    The other 2 goes to MP Program folder. Just don't forget to backup those 3 files.

This is it folks.

//Update: empty IMDB cover fix

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Sorry not going to be able to look at this till earliest Sunday or latest Tuesday, Bank Hols here and been forbidden to twiddle with anything :(

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Np :), there is so many covers now to choose so you will need one year to see them all :).

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Deda !!! :D

this worked great and I've gone from no covers to 78 covers for a single movie
    not only movie covers but some bonus cd covers as well:)

this alone have saved hours of searching for covers

thanks again

Vff

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

Have to say ditto, too many covers to chose from now, spoilt for choice :D

Nice work.

What would be needed now is patch\s for any alterations you made to the 3 files.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Will do that, just to check if everything is OK, changes in the code shouldn't impact anything crucial for normal MP functioning, but as heart of MP is changed I need 100% functional code, and also if anything is changed on IMDB html page structure I don't know what could happened then (presumably nothing except no covers finding as all cover search methods are separate subclass inside Core class so not any plugin, skin, preferred codec setting, setting in configuration etc..... is touched by this patch, but little more daily using with those changed files can't hurt :) as I know from my experience there is no any programmer in the world who can debug it's own creation because he will try to use it as he think it should but other users will try it on totally different way and then you will see how many flows you made).

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

know from my experience there is no any programmer in the world who can debug it's own creation because he will try to use it as he think it should but other users will try it on totally different way and then you will see how many flows you made).

Yep we know all about reverts unfortunately, once we have something a Dev can look at patch wise, will start shaking the tree :)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Here are the patches and all files needed for movie and cover search.

File IMDBCoversSearch.cs need to go into mediaportal\Core\Util project folder and must be included into project.

Change in MovieDatabase.Designer.cs is only in Cover List View control to show horizontal scroll bar so it will be easier to edit that control and change that property (I don't know why this was not done when control was initially created :) )

They are made against (revision 25546) MP 1.1.0. RC2 release.

Regards,
    Deda

//5.5.2010 Small change, repair blank covers on IMDB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom