[Approved] Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber" (2 Viewers)

xvffx

Portal Pro
August 15, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
re: Fix to "IMDB with AKA grabber"

Thanks Deda

its much clearer now on why some fails
I honestly thought adding the (years) would help and didn't know it's useless. would without brackets help ?

and about the TV issue part.. its not a big deal but its good to know. (maybe as a quick test with the TV part in and see how bad it gets) ... :D

Would love to do some more testing tonight.... I'm all revved up with no place to go.

Vff

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

OK, here is another one with previous fixes, also TV movies is included. I tested it and result was more less the same (not too many non-matches).

Only that Inferno (1991) I couldn't test (maybe the year is wrong) :(

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

yup... youre right its 1999
    hxxp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139151/

going to test your file

Vff

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Thanks Deda

its much clearer now on why some fails
    I honestly thought adding the (years) would help and didn't know it's useless. would without brackets help ?

and about the TV issue part.. its not a big deal but its good to know. (maybe as a quick test with the TV part in and see how bad it gets) ... :D

Would love to do some more testing tonight.... I'm all revved up with no place to go.

Vff

I would rather leave brackets, MP will pass numbers without it that's true, but then you will get strange results (just try on IMDB "It 1990" :) )

yup... youre right its 1999
    hxxp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139151/

going to test your file

Vff

Heh :), it will not be on the list 'cause of too many results for inferno and MP pass limit variable into script but we can hack that :) if you put in the script

iLimit=40;

It's almost in the beginning of the script

class Grabber : MediaPortal.Video.Database.IIMDBScriptGrabber
    {
    public Grabber()
    {
    }
    void MediaPortal.Video.Database.IIMDBScriptGrabber.FindFilm(string strSearch, int iLimit, ArrayList elements)
    {
    int iCount = 0;
    iLimit=40;

Just open with notepad and put that after int iCount=0;

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi back again

Ran 3 tests each showing slightly different results (not by much), so something at imdb end is involved, trying to pinpoint why the different results, but time is sparse atm, hopefully on Sunday will have time to do good report.

ps. if no AKA users with other than English named files, will post in other language forums for possible testers.

For anyone reading, this is possibly part of the future for MP2 plugins, so all help is much appreciated, these scripts effect every single user, so the more people involved, the better, pretty sure Deda will agree, but please be accurate in what you describe.

Thanks

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

also TV movies is included.

Did a quick test and not seeing any selections for TV type movies in the list
    sample murder 101

going to scan with the 40 limit hack

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Ups, sorry wrong file was attached. It's late at night here and somehow i made mistake :oops:

I uploaded correct one now.

BalduinB

Portal Member
    July 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Have been away for some days, will do some testing again.
    Looks like much has happend :)

I don't know if that changes anything, but the charset should be iso-8859-1 and not utf-8, since IMDB uses iso-8859-1.

Grabbed from the header of an IMDB-Page:
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

a quick test came back with 4 unknowns and I'm sure these were fine before.

King Arthur (2004)
    The Princess Bride (1987)
    The Ant Bully (2006)
    Pathfinder (2007)

Going to host a BD party for my little guy and come back in a few hours. (will have some more testing done)

btw.. all conflicts were able to be selected from the list (including TVs !!) thanks and it looked like you added the hack for ilimit to 1000. ;)

what could we do to test or what info you need with regards to covers ? got quite a lot of wrong covers.

Vff

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Yes I knew that this will be the consequences if I include "TV" in results (many more titles with equal names). I got some ideas how to cut off some of results but that will take time to test.

Concerning covers, this method is deep in Core.dll of Media Portal but fortunately it's separated method inside Core.dll of MePo so maybe I can create patch for that and not to mess up complete MP :).

Right now I'm satisfied with cover search patch results but need to test more. Later I will post little test application so you could try SEARCH without messing up your movie database and see what will be the results (both for movies and covers).

Oh, I forgot to ask if you can give me movie name and year with wrong cover to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom