[FIXED] Mediaportal crashes when browsing to specific MP category (reproduceable) (1 Viewer)

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi there,

Since some time I have an issue with MP. I have a category "Movie Collections" and under that category are other categories. When I browse in there Media Portal crashes when reaching a certain point in the list.

I have tried to scroll from the bottom to the top and from the top to bottom and I see that it always crashes when I reach a certain entry in the list.
The MP database seems healthy as I can open it and also optimize it.

Here is the error log, would be great if someone could help:

Code:
2013-01-18 23:17:57.236668 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TvPlugin and TvServer don't have the same version.
TvServer Version: 1.2.200.0
TvPlugin Version: 1.2.3.0
2013-01-18 23:26:03.856501 [ERROR][(20)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
2013-01-18 23:26:03.860501 [ERROR][(20)]: Exception  :System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

Server stack trace:
  bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI.PublishArtwork(DBNode`1 node)
  bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI.PublishCategoryDetails(DBNode`1 node)
  bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovieBrowser.set_SelectedNode(DBNode`1 value)
  bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovieBrowser.onCategoryNodeSelected(GUIListItem item, GUIControl parent)
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
  bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.ItemSelectedHandler.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
  bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.itemSelectedCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.DoAsyncCall()
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)
  bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
  bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
  bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
  bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
  bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
2013-01-18 23:26:03.861501 [ERROR][(20)]: Exception  :Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
2013-01-18 23:26:03.861501 [ERROR][(20)]:  site      :System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage EndInvokeHelper(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message, Boolean)
2013-01-18 23:26:03.862501 [ERROR][(20)]:  source    :mscorlib
2013-01-18 23:26:03.863501 [ERROR][(20)]:  stacktrace:
Server stack trace:
  bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI.PublishArtwork(DBNode`1 node)
  bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI.PublishCategoryDetails(DBNode`1 node)
  bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovieBrowser.set_SelectedNode(DBNode`1 value)
  bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovieBrowser.onCategoryNodeSelected(GUIListItem item, GUIControl parent)
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
  bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.ItemSelectedHandler.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
  bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.itemSelectedCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.DoAsyncCall()
  bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)
  bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
  bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
  bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
  bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
  bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

Last edited by a moderator:

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can you please post full log files? Both mediaportal.log and movingpictures.log at DEBUG level. Also was this category hand created in the config screen or was it generated by some other program?

EDIT: Also I know you said this has been happening for a while, but do you remember what you did around the time this started? And did this ever not happen with the current category you think is broken?

Last edited:

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Attached are all log files in debug level.
The category was created by myself. It definitely worked previously. I think I have not changed anything except adding movies and updating the plugin. I don't browse this category that often so I don't know the exact time when it broke.

I have a category called "Movie Collections" which includes several subcategories. I see that MP crashes when I scroll to the Sub-Category called "Pixar". However maybe also the category before or after this entry is responsible for the crash.

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
After reviewing the logs I found the issue. I think this should be addressed as a bug.

In the category definition the option "When this node is highlighted use a backdrop from:" was set to "this movie:" and no movie was selected.
The content of this category is dynamic by certain criterias, so maybe I had a movie selected from the list but this movie was removed from the database.

After setting it to "a random movie under this menu item" MP does not crash anymore!

Bildschirmfoto 2013-01-20 um 16.27.44.png

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Nice find Terra, I will get a fix in for this in the next release so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
@ltfearme
It is the exact same error as mentioned in the first post, that's why I have not posted logs.

I attached the logs now to this post. See below the excerpt.

The issue can be reproduced:
  1. Create a new category in MP with a dynamic filter criteria, e.g. include all movies where the string "cars" is in the title.
  2. Set the Fanart of the category to a specific movie in that catgory, e.g. "Cars 2"
  3. Save everything
  4. (Re)move the movie you selected previously "Cars 2" from the folder which is scanned by MP
  5. Be sure that MP has recognized that the movie is gone, e.g. open plugin screen, wait,...
  6. Open MePo and browse to the category in MP, when the cursor reaches the category MePo will crash

Code:
[2014-01-06 23:03:07,944] [Error  ] [45      ] [ERROR] - MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
[2014-01-06 23:03:07,964] [Log    ] [45      ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Server stack trace:
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI.PublishArtwork(DBNode`1 node)
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI.PublishCategoryDetails(DBNode`1 node)
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovieBrowser.set_SelectedNode(DBNode`1 value)
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovieBrowser.onCategoryNodeSelected(GUIListItem item, GUIControl parent)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
  at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.ItemSelectedHandler.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
  at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.itemSelectedCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.DoAsyncCall()
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)
  at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
  at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
  at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()  Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  Site  : System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage EndInvokeHelper(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message, Boolean)  Source : mscorlib  Stack Trace: 
Server stack trace:
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI.PublishArtwork(DBNode`1 node)
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI.PublishCategoryDetails(DBNode`1 node)
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovieBrowser.set_SelectedNode(DBNode`1 value)
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovieBrowser.onCategoryNodeSelected(GUIListItem item, GUIControl parent)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
  at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.ItemSelectedHandler.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
  at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.itemSelectedCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.DoAsyncCall()
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)
  at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
  at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
  at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom