Flag Mover: backup and restore watched flags | Page 2

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by aspik, September 23, 2018.

1. aspik
    • Team MediaPortal

aspik Development Group

Ratings:
    +587 / 1
    Thinking about it, I guess the only way is to filter out the double entries. I'll post tonight a version for 2.1.3

I forgot to add, that in this dialog I only display "fixed" and removable drivers. I'm not using any resource path accessors from MP2 nor network locations.

Expanding the directory tree resizes the dialog and it looks not very nice. If someone (maybe ge2301 ;)) wants to make it prettier I'm open to any suggestions :) I already can provide the number of collected episodes/movies and number of watched episodes/movies.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. aspik
    • Team MediaPortal

aspik Development Group

Ratings:
    +587 / 1
    added both versions to the first post (I read somewhere that it is better to keep this uploads in one place ;))

When I get some positive feedback, I'll add this plugin to our plugins repo/section.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,618 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    Really appreciate this, thanks.

5. henso
    • Team MediaPortal

henso Development Group

Ratings:
    +698 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    I haven't checked but I think it's the same bug. IIRC the code I fixed it in has not been changed since 2.1.3 before that.
    I don't think it makes sense to fix it in 2.1.3 now. So I think you are stuck with either filtering the episodes manually by distinct or loading the media items without the external identifier aspect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,403 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi @aspik,

I tested the functionality for 2.2 and all works well. A few comments:
    • I don't think that there is the need to offer a directory selection.
      • Instead a standard path could be used, e.g. the local MP2 Client ProgramData directory.
      • Alternatively you could default to a standard path and offer the directory choice to change it on top.
    • The file name used should be displayed for those who would like to export to a mobile storage device
      • IMHO there is no need to, given the fully implemented user management
      • "Copying" the watched flag from user A to user B would just require to export under user A, then switch to user B and import again.
    I believe that 2.1.3 users would have not more than one machine where they would like to migrate the status to 2.2. These users wouldn't need any flag mover. Only users who have a strict separation of watched status per machine could benefit from a 2.1.3 version, yet as a one-time effect only. Therefore I wouldn't invest too much effort into upgrading/pretty up the 2.1.3 version.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. aspik
    • Team MediaPortal

aspik Development Group

Ratings:
    +587 / 1
    Thanks!
    I think that's a good idea.
    Agree.
    Also agree. First I didn't want make a 2.1.3 version at all, but then I checked what's need to by changed compared to the 2.2 version and saw that there were minor changes and decided to build a version for 2.1.3.

After all, this plugin is just a "side product" of the Trakt plugin. If it works I'll not invest more time in it, besides add those two suggestions.

8. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,618 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    @aspik
    Lately I found an issue with FlagMover plugin. If you have a series without TVDB ID (e.g. if the series only is listed on TMDB or nowhere at all) then the plugin crashes. Imho it should skip the series without TVDB-ID instead...
    As this most likely is the same with Trakt plugin (didn't test this) it's worth to fix imho.

9. aspik
    • Team MediaPortal

aspik Development Group

Ratings:
    +587 / 1
    Hi @Lehmden
    tbh I totally forgot about the plugin :D So, you actually using it?
    will look into this on the weekend. Would be nice if you could upload a nfo file for such a series or at least post the name of it so I can generate some test data.

10. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,618 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    I'll try to adopt MediaPortal2 Buddy for syncing Watched flags between MP1 (only one way, -> out), MP2 and Kodi. Kodi has a similar plugin as FlagMover named "Watchedlist" but it uses a SQLite DB instead of JSON. So I need to translate JSON to SQLite and vice versa.
    Without flag mover I never had started this because it's too difficult to modify the MP2 database from outside...

11. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,618 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    I think it's better to also upload episodes .nfo for the example series:

Attached Files:

• tvshow.zip
      File size:
      2.8 KB
      Uploaded:
      June 7, 2019
      Views:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!