Flag Mover: backup and restore watched flags (1 Viewer)

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    if you also get double episode numbers?
    Thinking about it, I guess the only way is to filter out the double entries. I'll post tonight a version for 2.1.3

I forgot to add, that in this dialog I only display "fixed" and removable drivers. I'm not using any resource path accessors from MP2 nor network locations.

Expanding the directory tree resizes the dialog and it looks not very nice. If someone (maybe ge2301 ;)) wants to make it prettier I'm open to any suggestions :) I already can provide the number of collected episodes/movies and number of watched episodes/movies.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    added both versions to the first post (I read somewhere that it is better to keep this uploads in one place ;))

When I get some positive feedback, I'll add this plugin to our plugins repo/section.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I suppose its the same bug which we discovered in 2.2. Could you please check for 2.1.3 if you also get double episode numbers?
    I haven't checked but I think it's the same bug. IIRC the code I fixed it in has not been changed since 2.1.3 before that.
    I have no idea how to deal with it in the 2.1.3 version... maybe you have?
    I don't think it makes sense to fix it in 2.1.3 now. So I think you are stuck with either filtering the episodes manually by distinct or loading the media items without the external identifier aspect.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @aspik,

I tested the functionality for 2.2 and all works well. A few comments:
    • I don't think that there is the need to offer a directory selection.
      • Instead a standard path could be used, e.g. the local MP2 Client ProgramData directory.
      • Alternatively you could default to a standard path and offer the directory choice to change it on top.
    • The file name used should be displayed for those who would like to export to a mobile storage device
      • IMHO there is no need to, given the fully implemented user management
      • "Copying" the watched flag from user A to user B would just require to export under user A, then switch to user B and import again.
    I believe that 2.1.3 users would have not more than one machine where they would like to migrate the status to 2.2. These users wouldn't need any flag mover. Only users who have a strict separation of watched status per machine could benefit from a 2.1.3 version, yet as a one-time effect only. Therefore I wouldn't invest too much effort into upgrading/pretty up the 2.1.3 version.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I tested the functionality for 2.2 and all works well.
    Thanks!
    Alternatively you could default to a standard path and offer the directory choice to change it on top.
    I think that's a good idea.
    The file name used should be displayed for those who would like to export to a mobile storage device
    Agree.
    Therefore I wouldn't invest too much effort into upgrading/pretty up the 2.1.3 version.
    Also agree. First I didn't want make a 2.1.3 version at all, but then I checked what's need to by changed compared to the 2.2 version and saw that there were minor changes and decided to build a version for 2.1.3.

After all, this plugin is just a "side product" of the Trakt plugin. If it works I'll not invest more time in it, besides add those two suggestions.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    @aspik
    Lately I found an issue with FlagMover plugin. If you have a series without TVDB ID (e.g. if the series only is listed on TMDB or nowhere at all) then the plugin crashes. Imho it should skip the series without TVDB-ID instead...
    As this most likely is the same with Trakt plugin (didn't test this) it's worth to fix imho.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi @Lehmden
    tbh I totally forgot about the plugin :D So, you actually using it?
    If you have a series without TVDB ID (e.g. if the series only is listed on TMDB or nowhere at all) then the plugin crashes. Imho it should skip the series without TVDB-ID instead...
    will look into this on the weekend. Would be nice if you could upload a nfo file for such a series or at least post the name of it so I can generate some test data.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'll try to adopt MediaPortal2 Buddy for syncing Watched flags between MP1 (only one way, -> out), MP2 and Kodi. Kodi has a similar plugin as FlagMover named "Watchedlist" but it uses a SQLite DB instead of JSON. So I need to translate JSON to SQLite and vice versa.
    Without flag mover I never had started this because it's too difficult to modify the MP2 database from outside...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I think it's better to also upload episodes .nfo for the example series:

Attachments

• tvshow.zip
      2.8 KB