FM Radio (analog soft encoder) broken in 1.7.1 (1 Viewer)

sdf

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
It's been a while that analog fm radio doesn't work anymore.
Get always a "No audio/video detected" error message.
Looking at the logs it seems there are no errors.
Analog radio works in WMC and NextPVR and other sotware.
Logs attached.
Thank you,
sdf[DOUBLEPOST=1399045108][/DOUBLEPOST]Forgot to add that scanning works and stations are found

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello sdf

Hope you're well! :)

It's been a while that analog fm radio doesn't work anymore.
    Get always a "No audio/video detected" error message.
    Looking at the logs it seems there are no errors.
    Analog radio works in WMC and NextPVR and other sotware.
    Nothing has changed in a long time.

It looks like your tuner is not delivering a stream to TV Server. This often happens when software encoders don't work correctly.

You're using "MainConcept (HCW) MPEG-2...". Have you tried other encoders?

mm

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi, mm1352000, I'm fine and you?
    Maybe you''re right, tried intervideo and ati only, but no go.
    If I remember correctly, and if radio part has not been rewritten, radio need also a video encoder, not only the audio part.
    will try some other software encoder, and also to build a graph with graphstudio
    Thank you,
    sdf

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    mm1352000, as always you were right.
    It depends on encoder.
    The only one that works (in my configuration) is ati encoder.
    It takes at least 18-20 secs to start, but fm radio is audible.
    Channel zapping is about 15-18 secs.
    Ati encoder comes with catalyst drivers, but now has changed his directshow name from "ATI" Video Encoder to "AMD" Video Encoder, and MP doesn't find it anymore.
    So had to find an old package (from 11-12 Media Codec Package), extract Avivo64.msi and install it.
    In Windows 8.1 x64 you have also to register manually (with regsvr32) atimpenc.dll.
    Don't get me worng, I know that you have so much work to do with MP, but it seems that (analog) radio part needs really some improvements.
    By the way, tried your old mpfilewriter from here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/mpfilewriter-zip.85799/ from this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/posts/800219/ and channel switching is better (8-9 secs), so if you could revive that old patch and merge in current sources ... (I know, I'm asking too much)
    Thank you,
    sdf

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Don't get me worng, I know that you have so much work to do with MP, but it seems that (analog) radio part needs really some improvements.
    By the way, tried your old mpfilewriter from here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/mpfilewriter-zip.85799/ from this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/posts/800219/ and channel switching is better (8-9 secs), so if you could revive that old patch and merge in current sources ... (I know, I'm asking too much)
    Sorry, I'm not going to merge that patch. TVE 3 is in code freeze due to work on TVE 3.5 (announced in MP 1.7 release news). In TVE 3.5 I put in a lot of work to make more encoders compatible and MpFileWriter no longer even exists. So, for now you'll just have to keep using the old patch.

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sorry, I'm not going to merge that patch. TVE 3 is in code freeze due to work on TVE 3.5 (announced in MP 1.7 release news). In TVE 3.5 I put in a lot of work to make more encoders compatible and MpFileWriter no longer even exists. So, for now you'll just have to keep using the old patch.
    Ok, will wait for TVE 3.5
    Thank you,
    sdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom