[confirm] - Focus issues using remote (latest alpha4 testbuild)

Discussion in 'Older releases' started by Lehmden, November 27, 2013.

1. Lehmden
    • Team MediaPortal

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,596 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    As mentioned in another thread I'll try to list the focus issues I have, when I'm using remote only to control MP2.
    When staring (no matter via MP2 Tray-Launcher or shortcut) , MP2 has no focus at all and isn't the active Window...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg
    After pressing the "Green Button" again MP2 is the active Window but no Item in Home has focus.
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg
    You first need to blindly move the cursor to see where the focus is.

Now we want to play a series episode... My default filter is "Filter By Season" and my default view is "Grid".
    When I've entered the Series section there also is no item with focus on. You need to move the cursor multiple times until you found the way to gain focus on an item in the grid.
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg
    When you enter a series then normally nothing is shown at all:
    Zwischenablage-4.jpg It's tricky to get the focus on an item in the grid, as you first need to gain focus on "menu" and then move cursor right. All other ways never got focus (and visibly) to the grid.

I think this is the same issue than entering a season with not too much episodes in.
    Zwischenablage-5.jpg
    Here you need to move the cursor down to get the items visible.
    Zwischenablage-6.jpg
    If there are a more than two rows in the grid, the items are visible on first enter.
    Zwischenablage-8.jpg I think that's the same reason why there is nothing shown when you enter a series as there are 2 rows max.

When you start full screen playback of an episode and come back when it's finished, the focus is somewhere but never where you expected it. Here I start playing the Episode No. 758 Zwischenablage-9.jpg

After stopping playback Episode 742 has focus. That's five rows up and two columns left in grid...
    Zwischenablage-10.jpg

This is the first part, Starting and Series. I will add more later...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!