Folder Scan does not see all my music (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Haven't tried copying all the music from the NAS locally but that wouldn't be practical, since I wouldn't be interested in such a solution, so I won't explore it.
    It seems my post was unclear again, sorry. Please allow me to rephrase. :)

The issue you're experiencing is unexpected and undesirable. It would be great to figure out what is causing the issue, so that it can be eliminated in some way or other (code changes, configuration changes etc. - whatever is necessary/appropriate). I suggested the copy-to-local test as a way of gathering further information about the issue, not as a solution. If you won't perform tests like this then we won't find the cause of the issue.

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Haven't tried copying all the music from the NAS locally but that wouldn't be practical, since I wouldn't be interested in such a solution, so I won't explore it.
    It seems my post was unclear again, sorry. Please allow me to rephrase. :)

The issue you're experiencing is unexpected and undesirable. It would be great to figure out what is causing the issue, so that it can be eliminated in some way or other (code changes, configuration changes etc. - whatever is necessary/appropriate). I suggested the copy-to-local test as a way of gathering further information about the issue, not as a solution. If you won't perform tests like this then we won't find the cause of the issue.

Under this light I am more than willing to experiment. So Currently I am copying the 33000+ files and 117GB of Music from the NAS to My Music. Once completed I will add the share and run the scan and see what happens. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks. :)
    A smaller subset of the files would probably suffice for a test.

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    @mm1352000

OK Scan completed, all music processed from the local directory. So it is a network thing...I am not sure why. Certainly have no problems steaming 1080p movies through the NAS.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    NAS shouldn't be a problem tough. I have all my songs on a NAS since years.
    I had a quick look into the code. As we are running into this error, we are aborting the scan.

The reason for doing that is that if we have a general error we would loop forever.

It might be worse though to implement some kind of counter and only abort if we continue to have such an error without a succsessful access in between.

So once you have figured out, which file / folder caused the trouble and you shortened it, the processing on the NAS will continue.

You would have had this error also on a local drive, but there you have the drive letter instead of the NAS UNC path and this caused the file name to be shorter than the 260 characters. And therefor it worked,

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    @hwahrmann

I think this is most probably what happened. Case closed. I am cleaning up things, so once I eliminate super long names I'll give it another shot in order to verify.

Thank you guys

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have a problem with my "music" option menu choice in MP1.12. When I select it nothing happens, it does not open or go into the music module. I get a flash of the button and the the highlight goes back to the previous option.
    I think I have configured it correctly and I have set the music folder and scanned that folder.

The music menu choice does work on other PCs on the network, configured to use the same music folder on my MC PC - I have ripped all the music to the FLAC format.
    Attached is the log file.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Skywizard,

The logs don't tell much as mediaportal.log only says that MP is already running. However, your settings file mediaportal.xml suggsts that the Music plugin is deactivated, Verify the respective setting in the MP configuration and try again.

regards,
    HTPCSourcer

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey thanks - that was it - I have once again enabled it and can get to the music and folders etc. (stupidly I have been fiddling with the audio LAV filter and now I do not get any Audio when playing a CD but I do for the TV - It is too late to look at it now and will do it in the morning)

Thanks again - I have learnt a bit more about mediaPortal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom