For The Record 1.3.3 Released (1 Viewer)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I would like to announce the release of For The Record 1.3.2, the advanced rule-based scheduling system to record and watch your favorite TV programs in combination with MediaPortal as client and MediaPortal TV Server.

Features:
  • Uses a Service Oriented Architecture to allow for great flexibility and extensibility, perfect for both single seat and multiseat.
  • Supports streaming live TV (over RTSP and over UNC).
  • Imports TV guide data from standard XMLTV guide files.
  • Has import wizard to import your old MediaPortal recordings and/or other video files.
  • Uses a rule-based scheduling engine to give you unparalleled control over your schedules (see our site for the full power).
  • Full recordings conflict management built-in with support for schedule priorities and special support for handling consecutive programs.
  • Supports running post-processing commands (like comskip) on your recordings, live or directly after the recording, or at a fixed time (at night e.g., ideal for transcoding to MP4).
  • Web Access front-end to allow access to your system from over the internet.
  • MediaPortal 1.0 plugin front-end to allow access to your TV Guide, recordings and schedules from your lazy seat in the living room.
  • Management Console to give local and remote access to your For The Record system.
  • IM-Bot service to enable your system to log into Windows Live Messenger so you can chat with it.
  • Server Status Notifier tray application to help you keep an eye on your server's status.
  • Full standby support including Wake-on-LAN for multi-seat systems (your client will wake up your server).
  • Will notify you by e-mail if your For The Record system requires your attention.
  • Supports secure HTTPS communication for use over the internet.
  • Allows you to organize your TV channels into groups.
  • Allows you to add logos for TV channels which can then easily be displayed in all front-ends.
  • Supports fast TCP communication for high-performance use on your local network or over a secure VPN.
  • The For The Record services API is documented so third-party tools can easily talk to the system.
More details and the download can be found on the site: www.4therecord.eu

Here are some screenshots of the different clients:

[size=+1]MediaPortal[/size]
MPHome1.pngMPHome2.pngMPGuide1.pngMPRecord1.png
MPSearch1.pngMPSearch2.pngMPUpcoming1.pngMPRecordedTV1.png

[size=+1]Web Access[/size]
WebAccessGuide1.pngWebAccessGuide2.pngWebAccessSearch1.pngWebAccessRecordedTV1.png
WebAccessSchedules.pngWebAccessUpcoming1.pngWebAccessUpcoming2.pngWebAccessUpcoming3.png
WebAccessEditSchedule1.png

[size=+1]Management Console[/size]
Mmc01.pngMmc05.pngMmc04.pngMmc06.png
Mmc09b.pngMmc11.pngMmc12.pngMmc18.png

[size=+1]IM-Bot[/size]
IMBot1.pngIMBot2.png

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi DVD freak,
Again thanks for a new version.

Is it possible to record directly from the guide in this version?

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Hello,
is it possible through your plugin to record live program with a time duration and a end action to perform (suspend, shutdown, MP quits,...)?
Someting simple like:
- I press button to record the live program on current channel
- MP asks me time duration of recording (30mns, 1h, 1h30, 2h, ...)
- MP asks me the action i want to perform after recording finishes (suspend, ...) with defaut action as plugin parameter.

Thanks for your contribution
Fabien

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium

Yes, but this was already possible in the previous version.

In MediaPortal: just click on the program you want to record and then you'll see the program details with a "Record" button in the top-left. Click that and the program will record. Or do I misunderstand your question?

- MP asks me the action i want to perform after recording finishes (suspend, ...) with defaut action as plugin parameter.
No, this is not possible right now. But it's a good suggestion for something we can add in the next version.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Yes, but this was already possible in the previous version.

In MediaPortal: just click on the program you want to record and then you'll see the program details with a "Record" button in the top-left. Click that and the program will record. Or do I misunderstand your question?

No, this is not possible right now. But it's a good suggestion for something we can add in the next version.

I did use a previous version a couple of months ago.
Did you add the functionallity of pressing the record button on a program of the guide not to long ago?
Or was is when you press "recorded TV" that you go back to the old recorded TV and not the new one of 4therecord.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Did you add the functionallity of pressing the record button on a program of the guide not to long ago?
Or was is when you press "recorded TV" that you go back to the old recorded TV and not the new one of 4therecord.

Ah I see what you mean, pressing the actual record button in the guide won't work, but it's something we can easily add in 1.3.1. Right now you have to do a normal click and select Record. Also easy, but OK, not quite as easy as just hitting record :)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Ah I see what you mean, pressing the actual record button in the guide won't work, but it's something we can easily add in 1.3.1. Right now you have to do a normal click and select Record. Also easy, but OK, not quite as easy as just hitting record :)

And pressing the "guide"-button, goes to the 4therecord guide or the normal guide?
Can this also be fixed in 1.3.1?

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    OK, time for a stupid post, but so I have this clear:

Basically this completely replaces the current TV parts of MP?
    It provides all the current features of the standard TV Part? (Conflict resolution/notification, recorded TV, scheduled recordings etc)
    Can import xmltv xml file automatically when detected? ala TV3 Server? is the guide database seperate to the current MP one? or does it read from the MP one?

Anything in standard MP thats missing from 4therecord? Do you take the basic version and add to it? (thus taking on any improvements in the base plugin?)

Can automatically launch comskip (i assume so).
    Can pick up comskip files for existing recordings?

Basically this seems very cool, and i'm wondering how seemless it would be for the GF if I installed it?! Also - I dont want to lose any features!

oh - and add me to the list of people who press the "record" button on a highlighted guide item! SO yes please for 1.3.1!

(apologies for the noob post!)

---------------
    UPDATE: Just read the user/install guide.

Seems like its too much hassle for a few extra features that I probably wont use. Also, as my MP install is at a stage where it all works, and no complaints, im not really looking to change it drastically! :)

Then again, I may change my mind later on!

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Basically this completely replaces the current TV parts of MP?
    It provides all the current features of the standard TV Part? (Conflict resolution/notification, recorded TV, scheduled recordings etc)
    Can import xmltv xml file automatically when detected? ala TV3 Server? is the guide database seperate to the current MP one? or does it read from the MP one?
    Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes :D

You can set it up to copy the MP guide, but the preferred way of using For The Record is to import XMLTV directly into it and no longer into MP.

Anything in standard MP thats missing from 4therecord? Do you take the basic version and add to it? (thus taking on any improvements in the base plugin?)
    It's a replacement. The source of the TV plugin is based on the original TV plugin and is open source actually, so anyone can help to improve it further.

Can automatically launch comskip (i assume so).
    Can pick up comskip files for existing recordings?
    Yes and yes. Comskip can be launched, live, right after the recording or at a specific time at night, this is all possible.

Basically this seems very cool, and i'm wondering how seemless it would be for the GF if I installed it?! Also - I dont want to lose any features!
    Give it a try! And if you find something missing feel free to post on the forum and we'll see what we can do for the next version.

oh - and add me to the list of people who press the "record" button on a highlighted guide item! SO yes please for 1.3.1!
    OK! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom