For The Record - The rule-based scheduling suite (1 Viewer)

Junkmail

Portal Member
April 1, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Yes it was the channels linking, I had linked them inside ftr console, rather than in MP plugin. Working now. Thanks for the quick reply.
:D

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
August 8, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

I've just installedd 4TR v1.4.0.1 into MP 1.0.2 and have all the TV viewing and recording side of things working great. Just what I wanted (keyword recording) thanks! :)

Unfortuately my radio is now broken as it is trying to use the 4TR radio client, and 99% of the radio stations I listen to are web streaming stations. I managed to get the DVB-S radio stations working fine, but when I try to play a streaming radio station as linked between TV Server and 4TR I get either "No free card was found" if I haven't mapped the channel to the builtin "RadioWebStream" tuner in TVServer setup, or "Failed to tune channel" if I have mapped it to the builtin "RadioWebStream" tuner in TVserver setup.

Is listening to streaming radio stations not possible with 4TR, and if not, is there a way I can disable 4TR from trying to be the client for radio?

Unfortunately this will be a make or break issue with 4TR for me, as I listen to streaming radio for hours a day.

Thanks!

Mark

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm having some trouble with this latest release and RC1 of MediaPortal.

Everything is configured as the manual instructs, the services are all running but the one thing that does not work is getting the Recorder to work in the Management Console.

I only get "Server failed to connect to MediaPortal TV Server" whenever I try "Ping" or "Test shares". I just used the default settings for everything here, so the Recorder is setup like this:

Code:
    MediaPortal TV Server | net.tcp://localhost:49842/RecorderTunerService | 0

I'm running Windows XP MCE SP3.

My TV Server settings look like this:

For The Record:
    Code:
    Server: localhost | TCP Port: 49942
    Recorder/Tuner port: 554

I have UNC paths (all green lit) and TV channels = OK.

TV Streaming server:
    Code:
    IP adress used by the server for RTSP streaming: 198.168.0.100
    Port for RTSP streaming: 554

TV-Server:
    Code:
    Name: 198.168.0.100
    Type: Master
    Port for RTSP: 554

I've tried renaming the recorder in all logical ways I can think of, like this:

Code:
    MediaPortal TV Server | net.tcp://198.168.0.100:554/RecorderTunerService | 0
    MediaPortal TV Server | net.tcp://198.168.0.100:49842/RecorderTunerService | 0
    MediaPortal TV Server | net.tcp://198.168.0.100:49942/RecorderTunerService | 0

Also tried keeping the "localhost" and different ports in the name, but it just gives me the same error.

Troubleshooting tips, please! :confused:

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Code:
    Recorder/Tuner port: 554
    That doesn't look right, this should be 49842. Did you change this from the default?

I've tried setting the port to match on the Management Console, but alas, no luck.

The default setting for the Streaming Server setting in Mediaportals TV Server Configuration is 554. So somewhere along I tried changing the port in the FTR plugin for MePo TV Server to that as well. It's a bit confusing, because if I have the default setting of 554 for Streaming Server RTSP, and set 49842 for the FTR RTSP (plugin), aren't they supposed to match?

Anyway, I've changed FTR RTSP back to 49842, but I still get the same error in Management Console.

Edit: Also, as I figured this could be some sort of Firewall mess, I tried adding the Management Console to my firewall exceptions, but that did nothing either.

Edit2: I forgot to restart the TV server after changing back the port to 49842. Did that now, entered 49842 as the port in the Management Console as well, and now it works! Thanks a lot for the help, much appreciated!

Emph

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Firewall issue? If For The Record can't even connect to the recorder/tuner the problem must be really really basic and low-level...

Ernie-c

Portal Member
    July 31, 2007
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Anyway, I've changed FTR RTSP back to 49842, but I still get the same error in Management Console.

Edit: Also, as I figured this could be some sort of Firewall mess, I tried adding the Management Console to my firewall exceptions, but that did nothing either.

don't confuse the port over which the ForTheRecord core communicates with the ForTheRecord Tv server plugin (= 49842) and the RTSP port 554, these are two completely different stories.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    dvdfreak i have set some recordings during the night, whilst my server was in sleep mode (commanded by powerscheduler) and none of the recordings were done. I did set a recording 15min after the wake up time and the recording is correct.

i have the checkbox activated in the settings.

is this suppose to work?

EDIT ... i just noticed i had powerscheduler to force shutdown. i will disable it and try again as i think the logs say that the system DID turn on for the recording.

Attachments

• ForTheRecord - copia.rar
      30.7 KB

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The PowerScheduler plugins should not be used (not on the client, and definitely not on the server). It's not compatible with the standard Windows-based suspend/resume For The Record uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom