Forum organisation sucks! (1 Viewer)

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you think there is need for a German forum you should also start a French forum for example. And a Spanish, Portugese .... etc.

...we dont have enough moderators speaking this language ;)

The german forum wasnt something new, its 2 1/2 years old and just imported to the mainforum some time ago. It also contains just a few subs, mainly for installing and configuring. As we have far more german users and devs than any other country it makes sense to give them the possibility to discuss things in detail in their own language. Thats just an enduser-service, the development is still fully english.

Sure, one disadvantage might be that a solution is only availible in one language but on the other hand it also might had never been posted when theres only english availible. And just to be realistic...the users that post in german atm are the same that posted before on the old german forum. Take it as an advantage: You would never have found the solution you mentioned before when the german forum would be still on his own server. ;P

zag2me

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2006
    Home Country
    England England
    Maybe I should learn German and then I could use their simpler forum ;)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Being from Norway, I am aware of the fact that German people are not familiar with the English language - so I understand the language-split.

Bram said:
    I think it's a shame there is a English and a German part. Information gets fragmented. Everyone is writing in English, from all over the world. So why not the Germans?
    I do think this is a legit question - and opinion, even so ...
    Infinityloop said:
    *looooooooool*

never heard something that stupid.

you know that many ppl all over the world do not realy understand/speak english, or?

so where should they get support and ask questions?

first think, then post.
    This is just rude and disrespectful - especially coming from an admin.

Sorry - but this is way of. I really respect you (and the rest of the MP team), but this really was below web-courtesy standards.

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2005
    Nordborg
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Would it be possible to create a "mirrow" of the german forums, where everything goes through a translater fro german to english?

Or would that be stupid?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Would it be possible to create a "mirrow" of the german forums, where everything goes through a translater fro german to english?

Or would that be stupid?
    i get the feeling that some ppl think that they miss much when they are not able to read/understand the german forums.

to be honest, its the other way around in 99% of all cases.

AxelSt

Portal Member
    December 2, 2005
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hm. I think there is not really a problem here. I guess you can extract everything you need also from the english part of the forum (I am German but I have rarely looked into the German part, although it is nice to keep it).
    That people take the existence of a German forum part as a problem shows that MP is nearly perfect :) Otherwise there would be more important things to discuss :):)

Axel

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hm. I think there is not really a problem here. I guess you can extract everything you need also from the english part of the forum (I am German but I have rarely looked into the German part, although it is nice to keep it).
    That people take the existence of a German forum part as a problem shows that MP is nearly perfect :) Otherwise there would be more important things to discuss
    good post :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom