Forward and Rewind in 1.0.2 Problem (1 Viewer)

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    So i got 1.0.2 installed and everything is working nicely and fast.

Just one thing has showed up for me.

When Fastforward and Rewinding ... and pressing OK (enter) does nothing.

All other versions when pressing OK (enter) it play from that position.

Now i have to configure a button to do the "play" function.

Is this a bug or am i missing something ?

Thanks for impressive work :)

Best regards

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have the same problem with my system. Crept in around time of update to 1.0.0.0. However i also installed Windows XP SP3 around the same time and people in the forum with the same problem were putting it down to XP SP3. I couldn't be bothered to uninstall SP3 so now i just use skip steps on the remote instead of actual FF or RW (i prefer it actually).

Anyway - maybe people's original diagnosis was wrong? To be honest i've always believed it to be an MP problem.... Will keep an eye on this thread in case you find a fix.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I use the Hauppauge remote and pressing FF/RW repeatedly causes the rate to increase from 2x, 4x, 8x, etc. BETWEEN the FF and RW buttons is the PLAY button already defined! Does this help, or did I miss your point?

I thought your thread was gonna talk about how poorly the FF/RWD functions work... I've been experiencing deinterlacing, dropped frames, and jitter with 1080i material ever since MP 1.0 (MP 1.0.1 & 1.0.2 have issues not seen in 1.0). BECAUSE of this I have to use no hardware acceleration with my video codecs... whether it's coincidental or related, I now get 'decent' FF and RW function although nothing has compared to how well they worked under MP 0.2.3.0 when they were .dvr-ms containers.

All in all this MP is getting really good... from a reliability standpoint they've gotten the skip almost perfect, whereas I used to get Mp hung-up when I skipped ahead.

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I use the MCE remote. My point was that FF and RW buttons on the remote no longer work - the time bar changes but when play is pressed again it just continues from the real-time feed. The only way to go back or forward in the timeshift buffer is to use the skip steps buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom