Frames for MediaPortal 1.4.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
July 19, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

Frames 1.4.0 for MediaPortal 1.4.0 is released and can be downloaded from the repository.

In this release the following updates are included:

- Compability for MediaPortal 1.4.0
- Option for large music coverart added
- Option for widescreen listview added (Music and Video)
- Option for 8 row albumview added (default is 4 rows)
- WorldWeather updated to support version 1.1 and higher
- Trakt updated to support version 2.9.0
- TV-Series updated to support version 3.5.0
- GlobalSearch updated to support version 1.8.0
- Other minor updates/fixes

Cheers,

Last edited:

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for making a version for 1.4! I've been messing with the basichome ini how do you go about creating a sub menu for a section? For example I have one for emulators but want to add a sub menu for the Steam plugin :)

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
July 19, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks for making a version for 1.4! I've been messing with the basichome ini how do you go about creating a sub menu for a section? For example I have one for emulators but want to add a sub menu for the Steam plugin :)

I am not sure or you mean this, but the easiest way is to copy eg. the 'home BM Video' section including the trigger button and Moving Pictures and rename it to your needs. (See attachment for an example (Did replace Weather button with myEmulators))

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
    30.2 KB

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
Cool thanks man!! I'll give that a shot. If I have any questions (I'm sure I will" I'll report back in this thread :D

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
I gave that a shot and it didn't seem to work like I expected. :/ Too bad there isn't a basic home editor for this theme :D

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
October 18, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
hi can i ask for a feature or help to start trying myself?
i would like to jump straight to the "TV Guide" when you click TV in main menu
also if you are using the 8?(smallest)? tv guide list then the tv window takes up the whole area(at the moment it got a lot of space around it)
when you jump to the "Videos" section the live tv window is there how/what am i looking for to remove it?
could someone help me find the files i need to be looking at? thanks

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
July 19, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
hi can i ask for a feature or help to start trying myself?
i would like to jump straight to the "TV Guide" when you click TV in main menu
also if you are using the 8?(smallest)? tv guide list then the tv window takes up the whole area(at the moment it got a lot of space around it)
when you jump to the "Videos" section the live tv window is there how/what am i looking for to remove it?
could someone help me find the files i need to be looking at? thanks

Hi,

Jump directly to the 'TV Guide' is only possible in Basic home and not in Classic home (Is hardcoded). In BasicHome.xml you have to change in the TV section (home BM TV) the hyperlink from 1 into 600. (See also attached BasicHome.xml).
To remove the live tv window, you have to remove the '<import>common.overlay.xml</import>' string out of myVideoTitle.xml and/or myVideo.xml (See also attached files)

Cheers,

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
    28.3 KB
  • myvideo.xml
    31.6 KB
  • myvideoTitle.xml
    39.7 KB

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
October 18, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
thank you for that. when i goto the video area the audio is still playing how would i stop this?
also i can no longer change plugins? when i goto save it crashes? unhandled exception.
not sure how/where to get logs?

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
October 18, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
ok just rebuilt mediaportal. basic home all working. but even though i have disable window plugins all that is active is tv,videos,settings in the basic home it does not remove then from home screen?? is there a way to get rid/not see them?

also do i edit the common.overlay.xml to make the preview video bigger??

again thank you for all your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom